Monday, Jan. 21
Latest News
  1. UNRWA has not received notice from Israel on closure of its schools
  2. 10% increase in Israeli demolition of Palestinian structures in 2018
  3. Israel bans 5 Endowment employees from entering Al-Aqsa
  4. Israel to shut down UNRWA schools in East Jerusalem
  5. Hospital forces Palestinians off bus, while Israeli passengers remain
  6. FM commends Malaysia, says Israel uses sports to normalize occupation
  7. Over 3 million tourists visited Palestine in 2018
  8. Israel demolishes Palestinian home for 2nd time in Lod City
  9. Israeli forces detain 5 minors from Tuqu
  10. 43 Palestinians injured during Gaza's weekly protests

Israeli court freezes settlement work in Ramallah-area lands

Sept. 7, 2018 4:35 P.M. (Updated: Sept. 9, 2018 12:14 P.M.)
RAMALLAH (Ma'an) -- The Israeli High Court decided, on Thursday, to temporarily freeze settlement work in the Jabal al-Risan Palestinian lands in the Ras Karkar, Kafr Nimeh and Kharbatha villages west of the Ramallah and al-Bireh district.

The court said that freeze was until the court issues a ruling in a lawsuit presented by owners of the confiscated lands on September 13th.

The lawsuit was presented against Israeli army and Civil Defense officials.

During the past week, three Palestinian photojournalists were injured by Israeli forces as soldiers opened fire towards them in Ras Karkar, while also a Palestinian minister was injured in the same village last week.

Both incidents occurred as activists and residents of Ras Karkar and nearby villages attempted to prevent Israeli confiscation of Palestinian lands.

Several clashes occurred in the Ras Karkar village after Israeli forces along with bulldozers began to raze dozens of acres of Palestinian agricultural land, causing confrontations with the residents, who were protesting the further illegal Israeli settlement expansion.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015