Monday, July 24
Latest News
  1. Attacker's home to be demolished as ministers call for execution
  2. Jerusalemites continue praying outside Al-Aqsa compound in protest
  3. Reports of 'attempted security breach' at Israeli embassy in Jordan
  4. PA and Hamas call for national unity over Al-Aqsa, on their own terms
  5. Reports: Israeli forces shoot, injure Palestinian at Nablus checkpoint
  6. Palestinian detained for ‘praying for bad things to happen to police’
  7. Palestinian activists banned from entering J'lem, using social media
  8. Israel detains 42 Palestinians, including MP, in overnight raids
  9. Israel reportedly bans Palestinians from working in settlements
  10. Israeli settlers attack Palestinian cars, erect new outpost in protest

Hamas fighter killed in 'accidental explosion'

Feb. 5, 2017 5:59 P.M. (Updated: Feb. 5, 2017 5:59 P.M.)
GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- A Hamas fighter succumbed on Sunday to wounds he sustained a day earlier in an “accidental explosion” in the northern Gaza Strip, the Ministry of Health said.

Gaza Ministry of Health spokesman Ashraf al-Qidra told the Palestinian Information Center that 37-year-old Muhammad Walid al-Quqa died in the hospital on Sunday morning following an "accidental" explosion in al-Sudaniyya in the northern Gaza Strip on Saturday evening.

The Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, said in a statement that al-Quqa was killed during "preparations" without giving details.

However, the statement went on to add that al-Quqa had been involved in "jihadist activities, including manufacturing and assembling explosives."

Israeli officials have accused Hamas of "preparing" for another war with Israel and have threatened retaliatory measures against the Gaza Strip as a whole. However, despite Hamas' inflammatory rhetoric against Israel, the movement has not officially claimed responsibility for any military action from Gaza against Israel since the 2014 war.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2017