Thursday, July 18
Latest News
  1. Palestinian goverment: 26 million in development of ministries
  2. Rudeineh: Washington us unable to achieve anything by itself
  3. US: “No plan for unilateral annexation by Israel of the West Bank"
  4. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  5. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  6. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  7. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  8. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  9. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  10. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp

Israel to release Palestinian woman shot and wounded after alleged vehicular attack

Sept. 30, 2016 12:37 P.M. (Updated: Sept. 30, 2016 8:09 P.M.)
RAMALLAH (Ma'an) -- Israeli authorities issued an order on Thursday to release a Palestinian woman who was grievously wounded when Israeli forces shot at her and her fiance, killing him, earlier this month.

Palestinian Committee of Prisoners’ Affairs lawyer Karim Ajwah said that Raghad Khaddour, who is currently being treated at the Shaare Zedek hospital in Jerusalem after having been shot in the abdomen, would be transferred to the Palestine Medical Center in Ramallah within 48 hours.

Khaddour, an 18-year-old resident of the village of Bani Naim in the southern occupied West Bank district of Hebron, was riding in a car with her fiance Fares Moussa Muhammad Khaddour, 18, on Sept. 16, when Israeli forces opened fire at the vehicle, claiming that the two young Palestinians were attempting to carry out a car ramming attack.

Fares Khaddour was one of seven Palestinians to have been killed by Israeli forces in the span of five days earlier this month.

Meanwhile, it was initially reported that three Israeli civilians were injured in the incident, though Israeli news site Ynet later said the three were "treated for shock but were physically unharmed."

Rights groups have denounced what they have termed a "shoot-to-kill" policy by the Israeli forces, which they say has led to the death of numerous Palestinians who did not constitute a threat or who could have been subdued in a non-lethal manner.

Meanwhile, the Israeli army blockaded Bani Naim and deployed an additional battalion to the Hebron district, while an Israeli army officer vowed strict punitive measures would be would be imposed on Palestinian civilians in the area.

Israel has come under harsh international condemnation for its response to attacks, which rights groups have said amounts to “collective punishment” and represents a clear violation of international law.

The Hebron area in particular has grown as an epicenter of upheaval over the past year, with Israeli authorities severely restricting the movement of Palestinians in parts of its Old City, including Tel Rumeida, as a "closed military zone" for several months, while closures on Hebron in July saw the most widespread restrictions on movement in the occupied West Bank in two years.

Some 230 Palestinians have been killed by Israelis since October 2015, while 32 Israelis have been killed by Palestinians during the same time period.
Most Read
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015