Saturday, April 20
Latest News
  1. Dozens injured by Israeli forces in weekly Kafr Qaddum march
  2. Israel prepares to demolish home of Palestinian attack suspect
  3. Israel shuts down Palestinian soccer tournament in East Jerusalem
  4. Israeli navy opens fire at Palestinian fishermen
  5. Israel demolishes home of Palestinian suspected of killing Israeli
  6. Teen activist urges EU to focus on climate change
  7. Israeli settlers attack Palestinian family in Hebron City
  8. Israel to impose week-long general closure on West Bank, Gaza
  9. Incendiary balloon lands in Ashkelon City
  10. Al-Quds University launches first astronomy club

FM condemns world's silence on killing of Palestinian by Israeli settler

April 3, 2019 2:04 P.M. (Updated: April 4, 2019 3:27 P.M.)
RAMALLAH (Ma'an) -- The Palestinian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates expressed surprise at the silence of the world community regarding what it said were Israeli crimes against the Palestinian people, saying “the Palestinians are about to lose faith in the ability of the United Nations to provide it with protection from the brutality of the Israeli occupation,” on Wednesday.

Earlier on Wednesday, an Israeli settler shot dead a 23-year-old Palestinian and injured another near the Huwwara checkpoint, in the northern occupied West Bank district of Nablus.

The ministry said in a statement, “We are very surprised at the silence of the international community on such crimes and the indifference countries exhibit towards the life of the Palestinian citizen.”

The ministry held the Israeli government fully responsible for “the crimes of the settlers and the provocative assaults by organized groups known to the occupying state and its security forces which receive training and are armed in the open by the occupation forces and which commit the most hideous crimes against our people, their land, property and holy places without these forces doing anything regarding this, rather cover and support their activities while providing them with political and security umbrella.”

The statement stressed, "The world must understand that our people are about to lose confidence in the ability of the United Nations and its institutions to provide them protection from the brutality of occupation and the armed settler militias that are considered a battalion in the occupation army."

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015