Saturday, April 20
Latest News
  1. Dozens injured by Israeli forces in weekly Kafr Qaddum march
  2. Israel prepares to demolish home of Palestinian attack suspect
  3. Israel shuts down Palestinian soccer tournament in East Jerusalem
  4. Israeli navy opens fire at Palestinian fishermen
  5. Israel demolishes home of Palestinian suspected of killing Israeli
  6. Teen activist urges EU to focus on climate change
  7. Israeli settlers attack Palestinian family in Hebron City
  8. Israel to impose week-long general closure on West Bank, Gaza
  9. Incendiary balloon lands in Ashkelon City
  10. Al-Quds University launches first astronomy club

Palestinian in critical condition after being shot by Israeli forces during Al-Aqsa clashes

July 28, 2017 6:31 P.M. (Updated: July 29, 2017 10:49 A.M.)
Al-Ram (Ma’an) -- Israeli forces injured at least two Palestinians with live ammunition on Friday, one of whom has been reported in critical condition, after clashes erupted in the town of al-Ram north of Jerusalem in the occupied West Bank over Israel’s restrictions at Al-Aqsa Mosque compound.

According to witnesses, the two injured Palestinians were transferred to the Palestine Medical Complex, where medical crews reported that one protester had been injured in his leg with a live bullet, while the other was injured in his pelvic region.

One of the Palestinians was reported to be in critical condition.

The clashes had erupted after a march was launched in solidarity with protests around Israeli policies at Al-Aqsa from the main entrance of al-Ram. Israeli forces had fired live bullets, tear gas canisters, sound bombs, and rubber-coated steel bullets at Palestinians, witnesses said.

Israeli forces had also unsuccessfully attempted to detain some of the Palestinian protesters.

An Israeli army spokesperson told Ma'an she would look into reports on the clashes.

Protests have erupted across the occupied West Bank and Gaza, where one Palestinian was shot to death by Israeli forces, on Friday after Israel tightened restrictions on Palestinian access to Al-Aqsa Mosque compound, barring Palestinian men under the age of 50 from entering the holy site.

The move came just a day after Palestinian Jerusalemites celebrated victory when Israeli authorities dismantled security equipment installed at the compound's gates, which had resulted in a nearly two-week civil disobedience campaign, led by Palestinians in East Jerusalem, who boycotted Al-Aqsa, the third holiest site in Islam, since July 14.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015