Sunday, April 22
Latest News
  1. Israeli settlers attempt to take over Palestinian homes in Hebron
  2. 15-year-old boy among 4 killed by Israeli snipers in Gaza
  3. On 4th Friday of protests in Gaza, 2 dead, over 40 wounded
  4. 25-year-old Palestinian succumbs to wounds sustained in Gaza protests
  5. Israeli settlers raid Ramallah-area village, spray racist graffiti
  6. Palestinian critically injured in the head during protests in Gaza
  7. Gaza activists move tents 50 meters closer to security fence
  8. Israeli police detain Palestinian at Qalandiya checkpoint
  9. Israel issues 41 administrative orders to Palestinian prisoners
  10. Israeli forces shell southern Gaza, injuring 5 Palestinians

Israeli forces temporary close all entrances to Hebron city

April 10, 2017 5:58 P.M. (Updated: April 10, 2017 5:59 P.M.)
(File)
HEBRON (Ma’an) -- Israeli forces temporarily closed all entrances to the city of Hebron in the southern occupied West Bank around noon on Monday, while tightening military procedures on bypass roads in the northern, eastern and southern parts of the city.

Local sources told Ma’an that Israeli forces installed iron gates at some of the entrances to the city, while also erecting checkpoints and checking the identity cards of Palestinians passing through.

The reason for the shutdowns and increased military presence remained unknown.

An Israeli army spokesperson confirmed to Ma'an that the roads had been closed, but said early Monday evening that they had since been reopened.

Palestinian communities are routinely subjected to arbitrary road closures by Israeli military forces for purported "security reasons," an act which rights groups have denounced as amounting to collective punishment.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2018