Monday, March 27
Latest News
  1. Israeli commander tells army to reduce use of force against protesters
  2. Palestinian remains in critical condition after deadly shooting
  3. Egyptian soldier shot dead, 8 militants killed in separate incidents
  4. Israeli forces detain Palestinian near Nablus after alleged stabbing
  5. 2 Palestinians injured after clashes erupt north of Ramallah
  6. Gaza security forces ease restrictions at Erez crossing amid manhunt
  7. Palestinian activists demonstrate in Hebron against AIPAC conference
  8. Abbas receives German prize amid growing Palestinian discontent
  9. Egyptian army kills 5 gunmen, detains 16 in Sinai Peninsula
  10. Israel's Ktziot prison quashes memorial for assassinated Hamas member

Reports: Israeli army to lift ‘security ban’ imposed against some Palestinian youths

March 10, 2017 5:31 P.M. (Updated: March 14, 2017 5:55 P.M.)
BETHLEHEM (Ma’an) -- The Israeli army announced on Thursday that a “security ban” imposed on many Palestinian youths from the occupied West Bank preventing them from obtaining Israeli entry permits would be lifted, Hebrew media sites reported.

Hebrew media cited Israeli commander Roman Gofman as saying that in collaboration with the the Shin Bet, Israel's internal intelligence agency, the Israeli army would be working to take some Palestinian youths off Israel’s blacklist, “after making sure that these youths stopped conducting activities to escalate tension in Palestinian lands such as rock-throwing, Molotov cocktail throwing, and engaging in shooting incidents.”

Gofman said that campaigns have been organized to “study” lists of names of Palestinian youth presented by Palestinian officials, in order to reevaluate their security status.

Palestinian Deputy Minister of Labor Nasser Qatami previously told Ma’an that the ministry had “presented a series of suggestions (to Israeli authorities) to improve the situation of Palestinian workers in Israel.”

Qatami said that Israel has already approved 21,000 permits for Palestinian workers from the occupied West Bank, and that the ministry was “waiting for the Israeli security procedures to be completed to issue these permits.”

An Israeli army spokesperson did not respond to Ma’an’s request for clarifications on a number of issues surrounding the potential “security ban” lift, including how many cases were currently up for review and why has the Israeli army decided to re-evaluate cases at this point in time.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2017