Thursday, Oct. 18
Latest News
  1. ICC prosecutor: Transfer of occupied population constitutes war crime
  2. Israeli forces detain former prisoner in al-Khader
  3. Israeli settlers assault Palestinians in Nablus
  4. Israel detains 18-year-old Palestinian at Khan al-Ahmar
  5. Rocket explodes in Beersheva, Palestinian factions deny relation
  6. Israeli forces detain 20 Palestinians during West Bank raids
  7. Israeli footage shows airstrike targeting, killing Palestinian
  8. Palestine's UN ambassador hails UNGA vote as 'political victory'
  9. Palestinian family left homeless after East Jerusalem demolition
  10. Israeli forces demolish Palestinian-owned structures in Hebron

Israeli forces close roads in Nablus

Aug. 5, 2016 2:55 P.M. (Updated: Aug. 7, 2016 6:42 P.M.)
NABLUS (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces Friday closed several roads leading to the village of Beita in the southern part of the occupied West Bank district of Nablus.

According to a Ma’an reporter, Israeli forces closed the Beita-Odala road and the Awarta-Odala road with large dirt mounds, while large cement blocks were placed on the road from Huwwara to Beita.

Israeli forces also set up a military checkpoint on the main road leading to Beita, and searched the IDs of those leaving the village.

Palestinian security sources told Ma’an that Israeli forces imposed the closures on the village following numerous incidents of Palestinians throwing rocks and Molotov cocktails at Israeli settler vehicles on the main Huwwara road over previous days.

An Israeli army spokesperson told Ma’an he would look into reports.

The occupied West Bank has seen an increase in military road closures since October when a wave of unrest first erupted across the West Bank and Israel, leading to periodic closures of Palestinian villages, towns, checkpoints, and entire districts, with the southern district of Hebron put under the most extensive closure since 2014 last month.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015