Monday, July 23
Latest News
  1. Israel's Foreign Ministry criticizes CNN, BBC Gaza tweets
  2. The Syrian Army advances toward Golan Heights border
  3. Israeli forces detain 11 Palestinians, including woman, in West Bank
  4. Israel to reopen Gaza's main crossing if peace persists
  5. Druze MKs: 'Nationality law' discriminates against minorities
  6. Israeli settlers storm Hebron-area village
  7. Over a thousand of right-wing Israeli settlers storm Al-Aqsa Mosque
  8. Israel shells Hamas site in Gaza after 'infiltration' reported
  9. Ceasefire declared following violent night in Gaza
  10. Israel hits several areas across Gaza, Presidency warns of escalation

Brother of Palestinian shot dead after stab attack indicted by Israeli military for 'incitement'

July 15, 2016 11:42 A.M. (Updated: July 18, 2016 7:58 P.M.)
HEBRON (Ma'an) -- The Israeli military's public prosecutor issued an indictment on Thursday against Tamer Tarayra -- the brother of 17-year-old Muhammad Nasser Tarayra who was killed by Israeli forces after carrying out a stabbing attack on an illegal Israeli settlement in the southern occupied West Bank district of Hebron, killing a 13-year-old Israeli girl -- for alleged “incitement,” according to sources.

Tamer, the brother of Muhammad and a resident of the village of Bani Naim in Hebron, was issued an indictment for alleged “incitement” and supporting Palestinian attacks against Israelis, joining his sister Lara who is being prosecuted by Israeli military courts for allegedly supporting the attack on the illegal settlement of Kiryat Arba last month, as she reportedly said that “the attack added pride to the Tarayra family and the Bani Naim town” during an interrogation with Israeli authorities.

The siblings were detained upon the public prosecutor’s request until legal proceedings conclude.

Following two attacks from residents of the village of Bani Naim in Hebron in less than two days, the village was completely sealed off by Israeli forces, while Israeli authorities implemented a closure on the entire district of Hebron.

An Israeli army spokesperson told Ma’an on Friday that the closures remained in effect and no changes had been made.

Israeli authorities have come under severe criticism by rights groups for policies of “collective punishment” used against Palestinian communities and families of alleged attackers, who are routinely detained and have their homes demolished following attacks on Israeli soldiers and settlers.

Scores of Palestinians have also been detained by Israeli authorities over "incitement" in recent months for Facebook posts that Israel claims incite against the Israeli state and encourage attacks on Israeli settlers and military personnel.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2018