Thursday, Sept. 20
Latest News
  1. Israel releases Palestinian student after 7 months
  2. Palestinian demolishes own home upon Israeli court order
  3. Israel bans Al-Aqsa staff members from compound
  4. Israel to demolish family home of Palestinian prisoners
  5. Israel delivers stop-construction notice in al-Walaja
  6. Residents prevent seizure of land in Sheikh Jarrah
  7. Israel demolishes under-construction house in Ramallah
  8. Israeli forces severely assault, detain Hebron residents
  9. Wastewater reuse project launches in Ramallah City
  10. Israel releases Palestinian poet from prison

Hamas fighter succumbs to wounds a year after being shot in the head

July 8, 2016 12:58 P.M. (Updated: July 9, 2016 10:37 P.M.)
(File)
GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- The Izz al-Din al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, announced on Thursday that one of its fighters in Gaza had succumbed to wounds he sustained more than a year earlier when he was shot by Israeli forces.

The group said in statement that 19-year-old Nael Suleiman Salah had been injured by Israeli fire north of the Gaza town of Beit Lahiya on May 8, 2015.

Ma’an reported at the time that a Palestinian teenager was in a critical condition after having been shot in the head.

An Israeli army spokeswoman told Ma’an at the time that Israeli forces had fired at a group of Palestinians near the border fence between Israel and the besieged Gaza Strip, and had hit the "main instigator" of the group. Asked what he had been instigating, she said the group had been "attempting to breach the security fence."
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015