Wednesday, Sept. 26
Latest News
  1. World Bank report: 'Gaza's economy in free fall'
  2. Over 400 Israeli settlers storm Al-Aqsa compound
  3. Hebron shops, streets close as Israeli settlers visit holy site
  4. Abbas meets Arab and foreign officials in New York
  5. Israeli navy opens fire at Gazan fishermen
  6. FM al-Malki meets with Austrian, Portuguese counterparts
  7. Israel issues 38 administrative detention orders
  8. Israeli settlers perform prayers at Al-Aqsa for Jewish holiday
  9. Egyptian President: 'Trump made unique changes worldwide'
  10. Israeli forces detain 6 Palestinians in East Jerusalem

Israeli forces raid Yatta homes, detain one Palestinian

June 15, 2016 11:24 A.M. (Updated: June 15, 2016 1:06 P.M.)
HEBRON (Ma’an) -- Israeli troops raided the southern occupied West Bank town of Yatta, blockading the homes of two Palestinians detained after allegedly carrying out a shooting attack in Tel Aviv on June 8 which killed four Israelis.

Local sources told Ma’an that Israeli forces fired stun grenades while they carried out house-to-house inspections in the town south of Hebron.

A Palestinian teenage boy was reportedly hurt by a stun grenade when it exploded near him.

Locals said the ransacked houses included a home belonging to Muhammad Abu Iram, as well as several houses from the Abu Qbeita family.

An Israeli army spokesperson told Ma’an that Israeli forces found and confiscated an assault rifle in Yatta during overnight raids in the town and detained one Palestinian related to the case.

The Israeli army has withheld information related to its activities in Yatta in the wake of a deadly attack in Tel Aviv allegedly perpetrated by Palestinians residing in the southern West Bank town earlier this month.

Israeli forces, who were accompanied by two bulldozers during the raid, notified the father of one of Tel Aviv attackers -- who have been identified as Muhammad Ahmad Moussa Makhamreh and Khalid Muhammad Moussa Makhamreh -- to evacuate his house for demolition.

The family of Muhammad Makhamreh was informed on Saturday night by Israeli authorities that their home could be destroyed at any moment, in line with an Israeli policy of punitive house demolitions which has been denounced by human rights groups as constituting “court-sanctioned revenge.”

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015