Wednesday, Jan. 23
Latest News
  1. Tensions rise in Israeli prisons after two-day raid at Ofer
  2. CEC concludes project on empowerment of women political participation
  3. Italy donates €1.5 million to UNRWA
  4. Israeli court issues lien on land in Jerusalem belonging to Arafat
  5. Undercover Israeli forces kidnap Palestinian in Bethlehem
  6. Palestinian demolishes own shop in Issawiya to avoid Israeli fines
  7. Israel delivers demolition notices to Palestinian homes in Issawiya
  8. Erekat: 'PA informs US to stop sending security aid'
  9. Israeli tanks open fire in northern Gaza
  10. Israel opens new Eilat airport for 'times of conflict'

Israeli settler wounded in Gush Etzion stabbing

Feb. 9, 2016 5:43 P.M. (Updated: Feb. 9, 2016 9:08 P.M.)
The Israeli West Bank settlement of Efrat in the Gush Etzion bloc on Sept. 1, 2014 (AFP/Ahmad Gharabli, File)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- An Israeli settler was wounded in a stabbing attack in the illegal settlement bloc of Gush Etzion in the southern occupied West Bank on Tuesday, Israeli medical sources said.

Israeli emergency services Magen David Adom said the settler -- a resident of Neve Daniel settlement in Gush Etzion -- was in moderate condition.

An Israeli army spokesperson said the "wounded civilian" had arrived at the entrance to Neve Daniel "reporting a stabbing." He was later evacuated to Shaare Zedek Medical Center for treatment.

She said that Israeli soldiers were searching the area for the suspected attacker.

Reports said that the nearby Route 60 had been sealed as Israeli forces stopped and searched vehicles using the major West Bank thoroughfare.

Late January saw a number of attacks carried out in or close to Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank.

On Jan. 25, two Palestinian youths were shot dead after stabbing to death a 24-year-old Israeli woman in the illegal Beit Horon settlement near Jerusalem.

A few days before, on Jan. 22, a 13-year-old Palestinian girl was shot dead after Israeli police said she attempted to stab an Israeli security guard outside the illegal settlement of Anatot northeast of Jerusalem.

However, the majority of Palestinians attacks since a wave of unrest swept the occupied territory in October last year had been directed at Israeli military forces deployed in the West Bank.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015