Wednesday, Sept. 19
Latest News
  1. Ashrawi condemns 'Israel's murder of 6 Palestinians within 24 hours'
  2. International groups to participate in Palestine Circus Festival
  3. UN report: 'A child dies every 5 seconds'
  4. UK May pledges to protect British Jews
  5. Israeli forces injure dozens of Palestinian students in Hebron
  6. Israel bans 7 Palestinians from Old City of Jerusalem
  7. $3 million to rehabilitate, develop infrastructure of Gaza
  8. Israeli settlers storm Al-Aqsa for Yom Kippur
  9. Clashes erupt alongside eastern borders of Gaza
  10. Israeli forces detain 18-year-old Palestinian during raids

Israeli forces kill 14-year-old Palestinian allegedly throwing Molotov cocktail

Feb. 5, 2016 3:38 P.M. (Updated: Feb. 6, 2016 4:44 P.M.)
HEBRON (Ma’an) -- Israeli soldiers killed a 14-year-old Palestinian and detained another young boy in the occupied West Bank town of Halhul north of Hebron, after the two allegedly tried to throw Molotov cocktails at passing vehicles.

“During routine activity to secure Route 60,” Israeli forces "spotted two suspects attempting to throw Molotov cocktails at vehicles" on the highway, an Israeli army spokesperson told Ma’an.

The forces then opened fire on the teenagers, killing one and detaining another, the spokesperson said.

Witnesses told Ma'an that they saw a child lying on the ground after hearing gunshots where Israeli forces were deployed in the al-Hawawer area of Halhul city. One witness told Ma'an that they saw Israeli soldiers putting the child into a black bag.

Another child was seen handcuffed and blindfolded.

The Palestinian Red Crescent said Israeli soldiers prevented paramedics from reaching the scene and treating those potentially injured.

The child killed was identified as 14-year-old Haitham Ismail al-Baw. His cousin, Wajdi Yusif al-Baw,12, was reportedly injured during the incident.

The army spokesperson said that vehicles driving on Route 60 have frequently been targeted by Molotov cocktails in recent months.

The route runs north-south through the occupied West Bank, connecting to several illegal Israeli settlements and is the site of a number of military-guarded junctions.

Al-Baw is one of nearly 170 Palestinians to be killed by Israeli forces or settlers since October, many of whom were killed while carrying out individual attacks on Israeli military and settlers, while others died during clashes or unconfirmed circumstances.

The Hebron district in particular grew as a flashpoint in November and December, and the Israeli military shut down movement in large portions of the district. Many restrictions have since been lifted but sporadic closures continue.

At least three Palestinians were killed in November in the town of Halhul where 14-year-old al-Baw was shot dead on Friday.

One of those killed was Hassan Jihad al-Baw, 23, who was shot in the heart during clashes with Israeli military forces. The young man’s sister, 17-year-old Duha Jihad al-Baw, was reportedly detained by Israeli forces earlier this week.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015