Tuesday, Dec. 18
Latest News
  1. Israeli forces uproot 200 cactus seedlings in Jordan Valley
  2. Israel to demolish home of Palestinian prisoner in Yatta
  3. Israeli forces detain 24 Palestinians, including woman, from West Bank
  4. Armed Israeli settlers raid Saint Saba Monastery near Bethlehem
  5. Israeli forces confiscate of surveillance-camera recorders in Ramallah
  6. Palestinian youth run over by Israeli settler in Bethlehem
  7. Injuries reported as Israel suppresses 20th naval march in Gaza
  8. Israeli forces detain 16 Palestinians from across West Bank
  9. Israeli forces hit 2 Palestinians on motorcycle, detain 1 in Ramallah
  10. Government condemns demolition of Palestinian attack suspect's home

2 Palestinians shot dead after 2 Israelis stabbed near Ramallah

Jan. 25, 2016 5:47 P.M. (Updated: Jan. 26, 2016 12:17 P.M.)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- Two Palestinians were shot dead after allegedly stabbing and injuring two Israeli women in the illegal Israeli settlement of Beit Horon west of Ramallah in the central occupied West Bank on Monday, Israeli police said.

Israeli police spokesperson Luba Samri said "two terrorists approached a grocery store in Beit Horon and stabbed a woman."

She said that as they were fleeing, "the two then stabbed another woman before a security guard neutralized them."

Samri later clarified that both Palestinians had been shot dead.

One Israeli woman, 40, was seriously injured after she was stabbed in the "upper part" of her body, while another woman, 60, sustained light wounds, Samri said.

She added that two explosive devices were also found after police searched the area.

Another Israeli police spokesperson, Micky Rosenfeld, said that Israeli police units were "looking into" the identity of the two Palestinians, and that "heightened security in the areas continues."

On Saturday, a 13-year-old Palestinian girl was shot dead after Israeli police said she attempted to stab an Israeli security guard outside the illegal West Bank settlement of Anatot northeast of Jerusalem.

Less than a week before, on Jan. 18, a 15-year-old Palestinian from the southern occupied West Bank district of Bethlehem stabbed and severely injured a 30-year-old pregnant Israeli woman.

That encounter was just one day after another suspected Palestinian attacker stabbed and killed an Israeli woman after breaking into her home in the illegal Israeli settlement of Otniel, south of Hebron city.

Israeli forces later detained a 15-year-old suspect identified as Mourad Adais from the Hebron-district city of Yatta, east of the Otniel settlement on Jan. 19.

Following those attacks, Palestinians were banned from entering Israel's illegal settlements across the occupied West Bank, preventing some 11,000 Palestinians from reaching their work.

An Israeli army spokesperson said that as of Sunday, that ban had been lifted for all settlements but Otniel. However, she said the situation remained "very dynamic."
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015