Friday, Nov. 17
Latest News
  1. Israeli forces deliver evacuation notices to 300 Palestinians
  2. Israeli forces suppress Friday protests in Kafr Qaddum
  3. Jerusalem store owner demolish own shop to avoid Israeli fines
  4. Israeli forces detain 4 Palestinians, husband and wife, from Hebron
  5. Israeli settlers throw rocks at Palestinian cars, injure 2
  6. Israeli forces punitively seal Palestinian village over stone throwing
  7. Israel cancels permits for Gazans to visit imprisoned relatives
  8. Israeli forces open fire on lands in southern Gaza Strip
  9. Israeli forces detain 14 Palestinians, former hunger-striking prisoner
  10. After deadly tunnel attack, Israel and Islamic Jihad exchange threats

Dozens attend funeral of Palestinian teen shot dead day earlier

Jan. 6, 2016 3:16 P.M. (Updated: Jan. 6, 2016 4:52 P.M.)
Palestinian mourners carry the body of Mahmud Shalaldeh, 18, who was shot by Israeli troops during clashes the previous day in Hebron, during his funeral on Nov. 13, 2015 (AFF/Hazem Bader, File)
HEBRON (Ma’an) -- Large numbers of Palestinians joined the funeral procession of 17-year-old Ahmad Younis al-Kawazba in the West Bank village of Sair on Wednesday, a day after he was shot dead while attacking an Israeli soldier.

Hebron's District Attorney Alaa Tamimi told Ma'an that an autopsy showed that Kawazba was killed by a single gunshot that hit his neck and lungs. He said the autopsy suggested the 17-year-old had been left to bleed to death and had received no medical treatment.

"The Occupation soldiers murdered my son," Kawazba's father said. "They could have saved his life but they left him bleeding until he died a martyr."

Mourners shouted patriotic slogans urging Palestinian resistance to retaliate the "Israeli occupation’s crimes against the Palestinian people."

Ahmad Younis Kawazba was shot dead after he stabbed and lightly wounded an Israeli soldiers at the Gush Etzion junction in southern Bethlehem in the occupied West Bank.

The 17-year-old was the sixth resident of Sair to be shot dead by Israeli forces since a wave of unrest swept the occupied Palestinian territory at the beginning of October.

The Gush Etzion junction -- the entrance point to the illegal Gush Etzion settlement bloc -- has seen several deadly encounters in that period, with more than 10 reported attacks there resulting in at least six Palestinian and three Israeli deaths.

Across the wider occupied Palestinian territories and Israeli, more than 140 Palestinians have been killed by Israelis since October.

While Israel alleges many of those were attempting to attack Israelis when they were shot, Palestinians and rights groups have disputed Israel's version of events in a number of cases.

The attacks that have taken place -- claiming the lives of more than 20 Israelis -- have been accompanied by a wave of popular unrest that has swept the occupied Palestinian territory and Israel.

Rights groups have repeatedly condemned Israeli forces for the unnecessary use of lethal force against Palestinians who did not pose an imminent threat at the time of their death, in what have been termed "extrajudicial executions."
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2017