Friday, Nov. 16
Latest News
  1. World Bank will continue to provide budget support to PA
  2. Czech Republic to contribute over €200,000 to UNRWA
  3. Abbas signs accession papers to several international conventions
  4. Israeli forces detain 4 Palestinians in West Bank
  5. Israel bans Jerusalemites entry as settlers storm Al-Aqsa
  6. Euro-Med: Israeli airstrikes displaced 100 families across Gaza
  7. Israeli forces detain entire family of Palestinian attack suspect
  8. Israeli bulldozers raze, level lands in southern Gaza
  9. PLO: 30 years after declaration of independence, occupation lingers
  10. Palestinian shot, injured for alleged stabbing attack in Jerusalem

18-year-old dies weeks after being hit by Israeli crossfire in Nablus

Dec. 16, 2015 2:16 P.M. (Updated: Dec. 24, 2015 8:15 P.M.)
NABLUS (Ma’an) -- A 18-year-old Palestinian died on Wednesday after succumbing to wounds sustained from Israeli forces at a military checkpoint in Nablus in October, her family told Ma’an.

Samah Abd al-Mumen was shot at the Huwwara checkpoint on Oct. 23 when Israeli forces opened fire on and killed Alaa Khalil Sabah Hashash, 16, after he attempted to stab a soldier.

Her father told Ma’an that she died in Benlson Medical Center in Israel after being transferred from Rafidiya hospital in Nablus due to her critical injuries.

Palestinian security sources told Ma’an at the time of her injury that Samah was shot in the head while sitting inside her car near where the incident occurred at Huwwara.

The teen was apparently hit in the crossfire after the Israeli army said that 16-year-old Hashah “drew a knife and attempted to attack a soldier."

Hashash was shot over ten times after the attempted stabbing, according to witnesses.

Earlier on Wednesday, Israeli forces killed two Palestinians during a predawn military raid in the Qalandiya refugee camp near Ramallah.

Ahmad Jahajha, 20, and Hikmat Hamdan, 29, were both shot dead after they reportedly ran their vehicles into Israeli soldiers who had entered the camp during an arrest raid.

Wednesday’s deaths mark at least 122 Palestinians to be killed since violence escalated in the occupied Palestinian territory in October.

Much of the recent violence has been carried out through attacks carried out by Palestinian individuals that have left 19 Israelis killed in the same time period.

The circumstances of several deaths have been widely disputed by critics who say that Israel has implemented a "shoot-to-kill" policy against Palestinians.

The Executive Director of Israeli rights group B'Tselem, Hagai El-Ad, said earlier this month that the policy is being used against Palestinians who have already been “neutralized" during attacks.

El-Ad said in a statement that Israeli soldiers and police officers effectively became “judge, jury and executioner” after the policy was encouraged by senior Israeli politicians and Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu.

PLO Central Council member Muhammad Eshteyyah in a press conference last week said that 85 percent of Palestinian deaths to take place since Oct. 1 could have been prevented if the “shoot-to-kill” policy was not implemented.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015