Friday, Nov. 16
Latest News
  1. Israeli forces detain 2 Palestinians in West Bank raids
  2. Massive protests set off against Gaza ceasefire in Tel Aviv
  3. Israeli court:Wounded Gaza residents not eligible to seek compensation
  4. Israeli forces open fire at Palestinian farmers
  5. Abbas: 'Occupation will eventually demise and collapse'
  6. World Bank will continue to provide budget support to PA
  7. Czech Republic to contribute over €200,000 to UNRWA
  8. Abbas signs accession papers to several international conventions
  9. Israeli forces detain 4 Palestinians in West Bank
  10. Israel bans Jerusalemites entry as settlers storm Al-Aqsa

Israeli forces prepare to demolish homes of Palestinian attackers

Nov. 30, 2015 12:47 P.M. (Updated: Nov. 30, 2015 8:38 P.M.)
A Palestinian woman walks amid the rubble of a house after Israeli forces demolished the homes of two Palestinians. (AFP/Thomas Coex, File)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces on Monday raided the homes of several Palestinians accused of attacking Israelis in preparation to demolish their homes, witnesses told Ma'an.

Israeli forces raided al-Fawwar refugee camp south of Hebron and examined the family home of Muhammad Ismail Shubaki, 19, who was shot dead last week after stabbing an Israeli soldier near the camp.

Israeli engineers took measurements of the property, likely in preparation to demolish the home, locals said.

Israeli forces also raided the village of Taffuh west of Hebron and raided the homes of Imadiddin al-Tarda and Taha al-Tarda, whom Israel accuses of stabbing attacks in Rishon Letzion and Jerusalem.

Both homes were examined in preparation for their demolition, locals said.

In Nablus, Israeli forces raided the home of Ashraqat Qatanani, 16, in al-Askar refugee camp. The young girl was run over and then shot dead by an Israeli settler at Huwwara checkpoint on Nov. 22.

Forces also raided the homes of Alaa al-Hashash and Baseem Salah, who are both accused of attacks on Israelis. Salah was shot dead on Sunday after he allegedly stabbed and injured an Israeli police officer near Damascus Gate in occupied East Jerusalem.

Al- Hashash, 16, was shot dead by Israeli soldiers after reportedly attempting to stab a soldier near Huwwara checkpoint in Nablus on Nov. 23.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu expedited punitive home demolitions last month, in a supposed attempt to deter future attacks against Israelis.

The move came despite past recommendations by an Israeli military committee that the practice does not deter attacks.

While families who receive demolition orders are given the opportunity to appeal the measures, Israel’s High Court of Justice typically rejects such appeals, according to Israeli watchdog Hamoked.

Israeli rights group B’Tselem meanwhile condemned the practice last month as "court sanctioned revenge," carried out on family members who have not committed crimes, amounting to collective punishment.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015