Friday, Nov. 16
Latest News
  1. World Bank will continue to provide budget support to PA
  2. Czech Republic to contribute over €200,000 to UNRWA
  3. Abbas signs accession papers to several international conventions
  4. Israeli forces detain 4 Palestinians in West Bank
  5. Israel bans Jerusalemites entry as settlers storm Al-Aqsa
  6. Euro-Med: Israeli airstrikes displaced 100 families across Gaza
  7. Israeli forces detain entire family of Palestinian attack suspect
  8. Israeli bulldozers raze, level lands in southern Gaza
  9. PLO: 30 years after declaration of independence, occupation lingers
  10. Palestinian shot, injured for alleged stabbing attack in Jerusalem

2 Israelis killed, 2 injured in Tel Aviv stabbing attack

Nov. 19, 2015 2:54 P.M. (Updated: Nov. 20, 2015 10:48 A.M.)
Israeli security forces and forensic police inspect the site of a stabbing by a Palestinian against an Israeli man in Jerusalem on Oct. 8, 2015 (AFP/Ahmad Gharabli)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- Two Israelis were killed and two injured Thursday in a stabbing attack in southern Tel Aviv, according to Israeli police and medics.

Israeli police spokesperson Luba al-Samri said that a stabbing attack took place inside of the Panorama building on Ben Tsavi street in the city, leaving a 20-year-old Israeli dead at the scene.

An Israeli who was critically injured died shortly after in Tel Aviv’s Ichelov hospital, al-Samri said.

Two others were moderately wounded in the attack, according to Israeli emergency services Magen David Adom.

Israeli police said the suspect attempted to enter a synagogue inside the building but was stopped by civilians.

Two different suspects are believed to have stabbed the Israelis, one of whom was a Palestinian from Dura who was captured by Israeli civilians, the police spokesperson said.

Locals identified the attacker to Ma'an as Raed Mohammad Jabara al-Masalma from Beit Awwa village west of Hebron.

The police detained the suspect, who was moderately injured when the forces arrived to the scene, al-Samri added.

Another suspect reportedly fled the scene, according to witnesses, al-Samri said, adding that the incident was under investigation.

Israeli media reported that the Palestinian suspect received a permit to enter Israel a month ago.

A series of attacks have been carried out by Palestinian individuals on Israeli military and civilians since the beginning of last month, leaving at least 15 Israelis dead.

At least 86 Palestinians have been killed during the same time period, many of whom were shot dead under circumstances in which rights groups said Israeli forces used unnecessary force.

Over 7,000 Palestinians have been injured in the same time period.

Scene of the attack in Tel Aviv. (Magen David Adom)
Scene of the attack in Tel Aviv. (Magen David Adom)
Scene of the attack in Tel Aviv. (Magen David Adom)
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015