Friday, Nov. 16
Latest News
  1. Massive protests set off against Gaza ceasefire in Tel Aviv
  2. Israeli court:Wounded Gaza residents not eligible to seek compensation
  3. Israeli forces open fire at Palestinian farmers
  4. Abbas: 'Occupation will eventually demise and collapse'
  5. World Bank will continue to provide budget support to PA
  6. Czech Republic to contribute over €200,000 to UNRWA
  7. Abbas signs accession papers to several international conventions
  8. Israeli forces detain 4 Palestinians in West Bank
  9. Israel bans Jerusalemites entry as settlers storm Al-Aqsa
  10. Euro-Med: Israeli airstrikes displaced 100 families across Gaza

3rd Palestinian dies from clashes with Israeli forces

Nov. 13, 2015 6:46 P.M. (Updated: Nov. 14, 2015 2:07 P.M.)
Palestinian demonstrators during clashes in the occupied West Bank town of al-Bireh, on the northern outskirts of Ramallah, on Oct. 20, 2015. (AFP/Thomas Coex, File)

RAMALLAH (Ma’an) -- Israeli forces shot and killed a 22-year-old Palestinian in the Ramallah-area village of Budrus, the third to die on Friday from live Israeli fire during clashes in the occupied West Bank.

The Palestinian Ministry of Health told Ma’an that Lafi Yusif Awad was brought to the Palestine Medical Complex in Ramallah in critical condition and pronounced dead shortly after.

Awad was shot by Israeli forces in the left side of his abdomen when intense clashes erupted in the village, and several others were injured, the ministry added.

An Israeli army spokesperson told Ma’an that dozens of Palestinians “violently rioted” in Budrus, “attempting to damage the security fence, hurling rocks and firebombs.”

The forces arrived to “arrest a main instigator,” when a Palestinian attempted to steal a soldier’s weapon, the spokesperson said.

Israeli forces then “fired at the attacker,” and he was evacuated from the scene by the Palestinian Red Crescent, the spokesperson added.

Budrus -- bordered on two sides by the Israeli separation wall -- was one of several towns in the occupied West Bank where Palestinians clashed with Israeli forces on Friday.

Hours before, Israeli forces shot 23-year-old Hassan Jihad al-Baw in the heart during clashes in Halhul, killing him immediately.

Earlier on Friday Issa Shalaldah, 22, succumbed to injuries in Hebron’s al-Ahli hospital one day after being shot by Israeli forces.

Issa had been shot Thursday during clashes that broke out in the village of Sair following the funeral of Abdullah Shalaldah, 28, who was killed by undercover Israeli forces in al-Ahli hospital while visiting his cousin.

Friday’s deaths bring the total number of Palestinians killed since the beginning of last month to 83, nearly 30 of whom were killed by Israeli forces during demonstrations in occupied Palestinian territory.

Twelve Israelis have been killed in attacks by Palestinian individuals in the same time period, including a father and son who were shot dead Friday while driving south of Hebron.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015