Thursday, Jan. 24
Latest News
  1. Israeli teen charged with manslaughter for killing Palestinian mother
  2. Israeli settler injured by rock-throwing in Hebron
  3. Egypt closes Rafah crossing in both directions
  4. Qatari funds to be transferred to Gaza
  5. Maduro orders US diplomats to leave in 72 hours,Trump backs opposition
  6. Activists block Israeli 'Apartheid Road' near Jerusalem
  7. Israeli settlers raze Palestinian lands for settlement expansion
  8. Israeli bulldozers raze agricultural lands in Hebron
  9. Dozens of Israeli settlers storm Al-Aqsa compound
  10. Netanyahu orders halt on Qatari funds to Gaza

Israeli settler opens fire at Palestinian farmers in Nablus

Nov. 9, 2015 2:03 P.M. (Updated: Nov. 10, 2015 10:19 A.M.)
Armed settlers overlook a Palestinian village south of Nablus during confrontations following the setting on fire of Palestinian-owned fields on Jan. 1, 2010. (Jaafar Ashtiyeh/AFP)
NABLUS (Ma’an) -- An Israeli settler opened fire at Palestinian farmers harvesting olives in the Nablus district on Monday, a Palestinian official said.

Ghassan Daghlas, who monitors settlement activities in the northern West Bank, told Ma'an that an “extremist settler from the illegal Maale Levona settlement stepped out of his car on the main road and fired from a machine-gun at Palestinian farmers.”

The shooting took place near the village of al-Lubban al-Sharqiya south of Nablus.

No injuries were reported.

The Palestinian liaison office submitted an official complaint to their Israeli counterpart.

Settler violence has seen a dramatic rise since the start of October after two Israeli settlers were shot dead south of Nablus at the beginning of the month.

Last month Riyad Mansour, the permanent observer for Palestine to the UN, asked the UN Security Council to intervene in order to stop aggression by settlers, including the implementation of a measure to disarm them..

On July 30, Israeli settlers set a home ablaze in the Palestinian village of Duma in the Nablus district, burning an 8-month-old baby alive, and killing the mother and father. The family's four-year-old son is the only remaining survivor of the attack.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015