Friday, June 22
Latest News
  1. Israel evacuates 21 Palestinian families for military training
  2. Palestinian succumbs to wounds sustained during Great March of Return
  3. Israeli forces demolish Palestinian prisoner's home in Jenin
  4. Israeli bulldozers raze Palestinian lands in Jerusalem
  5. Israeli forces demolish 2 Palestinian buildings in Jerusalem
  6. Israeli forces detain 20 Palestinians, including minor, overnight
  7. Israeli forces open fire on Palestinian car, injuring 27-year-old man
  8. Israeli forces detain 20 Palestinians in overnight West Bank raids
  9. Israeli airstrikes target several sites in Gaza, Hamas fires rockets
  10. Israeli police attack Palestinians at Al-Aqsa Mosque

Palestinian shot dead after alleged stabbing attempt near Hebron

Nov. 1, 2015 2:23 P.M. (Updated: Nov. 1, 2015 10:49 P.M.)
Scene of the incident after the shooting on Nov. 1, 2015 (MaanImages)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces shot and killed a young Palestinian man in the village of Beit Einun east of Hebron after an alleged stabbing attempt, Palestinian and Israeli sources said.

An Israeli army spokesperson told Ma'an that Israeli forces shot the Palestinian after he allegedly attempted to stab an Israeli soldier during a "violent riot" in the village. The spokesperson said no Israelis were injured.

A paramedic from the Red Crescent said Israeli forces would not allow their medics to examine the young man.

"Israeli soldiers forced us at gunpoint to leave the area," the paramedic said. "From the amount of bleeding, the young man must have been shot several times."

A Palestinian witness told Ma'an he saw Israeli troops firing several rounds at a "young man" who was "far" from the main street. The witness said the young man fell to the ground before Israeli soldiers surrounded him.

Israeli soldiers covered the body with black plastic before taking the body away in a military ambulance to unknown destination, witnesses said.

Witnesses added that Israeli forces also assaulted journalists who tried to come close to scene, forcing them to leave the area.

The death of the unidentified Palestinian brings the total number of Palestinians killed by Israeli forces since the start of last month to 70.

At least 10 Israelis have been killed in attacks by Palestinians during the same time period.

While the majority of alleged attacks have taken place in Hebron and Jerusalem, a Palestinian was shot dead Saturday after an alleged attack attempt on an Israeli security guard at the al-Jalama military checkpoint north of Jenin.

On Friday, Qassem Mahmoud Sabaneh was shot dead after an alleged attack on an Israeli border policeman in Nablus, and Ahmad Hamada Qneibi, 23, died from his injuries hours after attacking and injuring an Israeli in occupied East Jerusalem.

An eight-month-old Palestinian baby also died Friday after inhaling tear gas when clashes broke out in Beit Fajjar village south of Bethlehem.

While Palestinian and Israeli leadership have made efforts to deter violence across the occupied Palestinian territory and Israel, near-daily attacks by both sides continue to take place.

International leaders have pointed to the decades-long Israeli military occupation as the root cause of the violence with US Secretary of State John Kerry earlier this week referring to the current situation as "unsustainable."
Comments
Stan Squires / Canada
I wanted to say like it is mentioned in the article it is the Israeli occupation that is the root cause of the violence.It is not the other way around like the gov'ts of Canada and the USA try to make people believe.Its the Israeli settlers and the Israeli army that needs to be condemned.
02/11/2015 20:33
Send Comment
Name:
Country:
Comment:(300 chars)
Send
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2018