Thursday, Sept. 20
Latest News
  1. Israel demolishes under-construction house in Ramallah
  2. Israeli forces severely assault, detain Hebron residents
  3. Wastewater reuse project launches in Ramallah City
  4. Israel releases Palestinian poet from prison
  5. Israeli forces detain Al-Aqsa Mosque guard
  6. Israeli forces detain Palestinian man, wife, son in Hebron
  7. Israeli forces detain 2 Palestinians near Gaza border
  8. Palestinian teen shot dead by Israeli forces in Gaza
  9. Ashrawi condemns 'Israel's murder of 6 Palestinians within 24 hours'
  10. International groups to participate in Palestine Circus Festival

Settlers attack Palestinian boy picking olives near Jenin

Oct. 21, 2015 11:44 A.M. (Updated: Oct. 21, 2015 12:41 P.M.)
Israeli security forces talk with settlers from the illegal Esh Kodesh settlement as they attempt to prevent Palestinians from working in their fields in the village of Jalud on Jan. 2, 2013. (AFP/ Jaafar Ashtiyeh, File)
JENIN (Ma’an) -- A 14-year-old Palestinian boy sustained wounds and bruises Tuesday night after he was attacked by extremist Israeli settlers while picking olives near Jenin in the occupied West Bank, locals said.

Saqir Mahmoud Hirzallah was in his family's fields in the town of Yabad west of Jenin, picking olives with friends, when a group of settlers fromthe nearby illegal Israeli settlement of Mevo Dotan approached.

All of the boys managed to run away except Hirzallah who was caught and beaten by the settlers, locals told Ma'an.

Israeli settlers regularly carry out attacks on Palestinians and their property in occupied East Jerusalem and the West Bank. Such attacks have increased since two Israeli settlers were killed by suspected Palestinian gunmen on Oct. 1.

According to the Palestinian Negotiation Affairs department, over 130 attacks were carried out by Israeli settlers in the first week of October alone.

Last week, Israeli settlers from the illegal Givat Gal outpost opened live fire on homes in a Palestinian village nearby Hebron. Seperately, four Palestinians were injured after settlers from the illegal Yitzhar settlement threw stones at locals picking olives in the Jabal Suliman area near Nablus.

The Palestinian government has no jurisdiction over Israelis in the West Bank, and violent acts carried out by Israeli settlers often occur in the presence of Israeli military forces who rarely act to protect Palestinian residents.
Comments
Mel / UK
Those settlers are savages. Especially the twisted women, with no conscience. Sumud Palestine!!!
21/10/2015 14:43
Jeff / Australia
The world watches as Zionists kill and mame .America is to blame as they and their Zionists business partners support and illegal state.
Ask the real Jews who is the problem and they will tell you the Zionists
21/10/2015 17:44
Fay / Israel
The settlers of Mevoh Dotan are just protecting themselves. If the youth of Yabad will STOP throwing stones, molotovs, ect at school busses or cars then we that live in the area will not beat up your "innoucent" youth.
Keep them at home after school!!!!
23/10/2015 14:48
Send Comment
Name:
Country:
Comment:(300 chars)
Send
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015