Sunday, Nov. 18
Latest News
  1. In video - Israeli forces suppress Palestinian journalists' protest
  2. 15 injured as Israeli forces suppress olive-planting event in Nablus
  3. UNGA votes in favor of 8 pro-Palestine resolutions
  4. Al-Malki: All Palestinians held in Thailand released
  5. Palestinian farmer shot, injured by Israeli forces in Gaza
  6. At least 40 Palestinians injured in Gaza protests
  7. Protesters suffer tear-gas suffocation in Bilin
  8. Two Palestinians injured as Israeli forces suppress Kafr Qaddum march
  9. Palestinian suffers face injury during Ras Karkar protest
  10. Australia, Malaysia trade words over embassy move to Jerusalem

Israeli forces detain family members of slain Jerusalem teen

Oct. 17, 2015 3:13 P.M. (Updated: Oct. 17, 2015 10:10 P.M.)
Israeli forces raid the family home of 16-year-old Muataz Ahmad Uweisat, who was shot dead after allegedly carrying out a stabbing attack on Oct. 17, 2015. (MaanImages)
JERUSALEM (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces on Saturday detained the parents and two brothers of an alleged Palestinian attacker killed by Israeli forces earlier in the day in occupied East Jerusalem.

Locals told Ma'an that masked Israeli soldiers, intelligence, and special forces raided the home ofMuataz Ahmad Uweisat. The forces stood on rooftops, held residents, and prevented locals from approaching the house during the raid carried out in the Jabal al-Mukabbir neighborhood

Witnesses said that Israeli forces searched the home and took photos before detaining four members of the Uweisat family.

Sixteen-year-old Muataz Ahmad Uweisat was killed earlier Saturday for allegedly attempting to stab an Israeli policeman in the illegal Israeli settlement of East Talpiot. No Israeli injuries were reported following the attack.

Eight Palestinians have died since Friday morning in the occupied Palestinian territory during clashes with Israeli forces or after being suspected for carrying out attacks.

The Uweisat family is one of several families to undergo punitive measures from Israeli authorities following a slew of stabbing attacks that have left seven Israelis dead since the beginning of the month.

Israeli authorities on Thursday gave four families of alleged attackers 72 hours to evacuate their homes before demolition.

Punitive demolitions have been expedited by Israeli Prime Minister Benjmain Netanyhau, who on Oct. 14 also approved revoking the Jerusalem residency rights of alleged attackers, holding the bodies of attackers from their families, and enabling Israeli police to seal Palestinian residential areas of occupied East Jerusalem.

Movement of Palestinian residents in and out of neighborhoods of the occupied city has been blocked as Israeli forces closed village entrances shortly after the PM's announcement and began intensive security checks on residents entering and exiting.

Israeli media reported that a senior Israeli defense official said Friday: "If terrorist attacks continue, we will begin deporting the families of terrorists to the Gaza Strip."

Rights groups have condemned Israel's use of collective punishment in recent weeks, while Israeli authorities continue to increase measures in alleged efforts to deter future attacks.

Comments
Joe Fattal / USA
Israel have two different alledge stabbers. The one that alledge stab someone and was shot. And the one that alledge stab someone and was detain. Who makes the decision on who get shot?. Probably the officer in charge. "How bad you stab", just a superficial wound. Detain the man.
17/10/2015 21:19
Joe Fattal / USA
Cont...."How about your stab?" No answer. Shoot him.
17/10/2015 21:21
Ziad muhieze / usa
This going on for long time treating the palastenin as 2nd citzin in there own land steeling there water don't let them harvest there crap and...................name it invat there holly alaqsa
18/10/2015 03:48
Send Comment
Name:
Country:
Comment:(300 chars)
Send
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015