Monday, June 26
Latest News
  1. 5 Palestinian teens indicted for throwing fireworks at Israeli police
  2. PA suppresses sit-in in Ramallah held by former political prisoners
  3. 3 Israelis from Yitzhar settlement arrested after attacking soldiers
  4. Human rights groups denounce investigation of Breaking the Silence
  5. Israeli forces detain 6 Palestinians in overnight raids on eve of Eid
  6. Trump reportedly considering pulling out of peace talks
  7. Errant fire from Syria lands in occupied Golan Heights for 2nd day
  8. Assailants destroy 45 olive trees and spray paint 'revenge'
  9. Israeli authorities indict 3 Palestinian Jerusalemite youths for
  10. 20 Israelis arrested for trying to enter Joseph's Tomb in Nablus

Israeli army rejects involvement of Israelis in Qalqiliya shooting

Oct. 3, 2015 3:01 P.M. (Updated: Oct. 3, 2015 10:58 P.M.)
Six-year-old Palestinian Yousef Bayan al-Tabib in the Qalqilya Hospital after being shot by a suspected Israeli settler in the occupied West Bank on Oct. 3, 2015. (MaanImages)
QALQILIYA (Ma'an) -- The Israeli army on Saturday rejected the "involvement of Israeli civilians" in the shooting of a six-year-old Palestinian near Qalqiliya in the occupied West Bank earlier in the day, amid reports that the child was accidentally shot by a relative.

An Israeli army spokesperson told Ma'an that following a military review of the shooting, "any involvement of Israeli civilians" had been ruled out, saying that any reports that said otherwise were "utterly false."

The spokesperson said that an investigation by Israel's Coordination of Government Activities in the Territories concluded that the child was wounded following the unintentional discharge of a weapon by another Palestinian.

The military review conflicts with initial reports from family members that the child, Yousef Bayan al-Tabib, was standing on the side of the road when an Israeli settler stopped his car, shot the child in the stomach, and fled the scene.

Palestinian Authority security sources said that they were following up on the child's death after initial reports from relatives appeared to be false.

They told Ma'an that they had started the follow up after receiving an Israeli version of the story rejecting that al-Tabib was shot by Israeli settlers and was instead injured as a result of a relative "messing with" a gun.

At the time of the attack, an Israeli army spokesperson told Ma'an that the army had received reports of the attack and that Israeli forces had arrived on scene and were "investigating any indication that the attack happened."

The child was taken to the Qalqiliya Hospital for treatment.

The initial report was quickly circulated by Palestinian media earlier on Saturday as the shooting coincided with an eruption of attacks by Israeli settlers against Palestinians and their property in the occupied West Bank on Thursday night and Friday.

The attacks came in response to a fatal shooting of two Israeli settlers carried out by suspected Palestinian gunmen.
Comments
JoeUSA / USA
The chosen people can never get themselves to admit that they are capable of crimes like shooting a little child. So it must have been another evil Palestinian that did the shooting. There is no other explanation.
03/10/2015 17:44
Rami / Palestine
Many in Israel also said that the Dawabshe family also torched themselves or were torched by other villagers in Duma, despite evidence that points to settlers and despite the Israeli government knowing who the perpetrators are but refuses to take action b/c it might hurt the govt settler coalition.
04/10/2015 06:30
Brian Cohen / Israel
Joe can never admit that he is reading a fabrication. Then again, Joe can never admit that he is an illegal occupation settler on stolen native American land. Seriously, Joe, go back to Europe where you came from and stop your war crimes.
04/10/2015 09:16
Send Comment
Name:
Country:
Comment:(300 chars)
Send
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2017