Wednesday, Aug. 21
Latest News
  1. Palestinian goverment: 26 million in development of ministries
  2. Rudeineh: Washington us unable to achieve anything by itself
  3. US: “No plan for unilateral annexation by Israel of the West Bank"
  4. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  5. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  6. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  7. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  8. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  9. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  10. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp

Israeli forces demolish 3 stores in Hebron

July 21, 2015 10:12 A.M. (Updated: July 21, 2015 6:47 P.M.)
(MaanImages)
HEBRON (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces demolished three stores in the town of Idhna in western Hebron Tuesday morning, the local municipality told Ma'an.

Israeli military vehicles escorted three bulldozers into the town in a dawn raid, crossing through the Israeli separation wall west of Idhna.

The bulldozers demolished a used goods store belonging to Said Fayiz Isleimiyeh in the western area of the town, and a garage belonging to Marwan Hilmi Tmeizeh in Ithna's east, the municipality said.

Israeli forces also confiscated garbage containers in the demolition site and demolished another store belonging to Hussan Sharawi, claiming it was not licensed.

While Idhna's built-up areas are predominantly classified as Area B under the Oslo Accords, the majority of its surrounding land is classified Area C.

Under the Oslo Accord, building permits must be approved by the Israeli Civil Administration for construction to take place in Area C.

As a result of rarely-approved permits, however, Palestinian residents are often forced to build structures without permits, which are liable to be torn down later by Israeli forces.

Last year Israel demolished 601 Palestinian-owned structures, displacing 1,215 people.

The UN said it was the highest annual number of people affected by the policy since it began keeping records in 2008.
Send Comment
Name:
Country:
Comment:(300 chars)
Send
Most Read
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015