Sunday, Aug. 25
Latest News
  1. Palestinian goverment: 26 million in development of ministries
  2. Rudeineh: Washington us unable to achieve anything by itself
  3. US: “No plan for unilateral annexation by Israel of the West Bank"
  4. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  5. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  6. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  7. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  8. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  9. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  10. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp

Ceasefire talks to continue in late October

Sept. 23, 2014 5:48 P.M. (Updated: Sept. 25, 2014 2:24 P.M.)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- Indirect talks between Palestinian and Israeli officials will continue in the last week of October, a senior Hamas official said Tuesday.

Izzat al-Rishaq said that talks ended Tuesday and both sides presented their demands to be discussed in the next round of negotiations.

The Palestinian delegation demanded a permanent truce and ceasefire, the rebuilding of an airport and seaport, and the suspension of all sanctions imposed by Israel since June, including the release of rearrested prisoners and Palestinian MPs.

Earlier, Palestinian officials suspended talk for two hours after Israeli forces raided Hebron and killed two Palestinians suspected of orchestrating the kidnapping and murder of three Israeli teenagers in June.

Senior Hamas official Salah Bardawil blamed security coordination between Israel and the PA for the killings, saying that "this assassination couldn't have succeeded without security coordination in the West Bank."
Most Read
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015