Sunday, April 26
Latest News
  1. Clashes rage in Yemen as calls for peace talks grow
  2. EU AgenPolice arrest 26 across Europe in horsemeat scandal
  3. Home ministry: At least 114 killed in Nepal quake
  4. US: Russia failing to fully implement Ukraine ceasefire
  5. Kerry urges Yemen rebels and their allies to enter talks
  6. Ex-Yemen leader urges rebel allies to heed UN, pull back
  7. Iraq lacks DNA results to test body of 'Saddam deputy'
  8. Family: Syria's sacked political spy chief dead
  9. Officials: 14 Somali, Afghan immigrants killed by train in Macedonia
  10. UNICEF: At least 115 children killed in Yemen since March 26
  11. Athens stocks jump 4.4% on hopes of EU deal
  12. EU clears 19 genetically modified products
  13. Seismologists: Strong earthquake rattles New Zealand
  14. EU says progress 'not sufficient' for Greece debt deal
  15. World leaders join silence at ceremony marking Armenian genocide
  16. Jordan's crown prince at UN takes on militant 'dark world'
  17. US officials: Iranian ships turn back from Yemen
  18. Pakistan PM affirms Saudi 'solidarity' despite Yemen snub
  19. Three British plane spotters released in UAE
  20. UK regulator fines Deutsche Bank $340 mn over Libor

Gazan succumbs to wounds from Israeli offensive, total dead hits 2,152

Sept. 3, 2014 10:29 P.M. (Updated: Sept. 4, 2014 11:29 P.M.)
GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- A Palestinian died Wednesday of injuries sustained during the Israeli assault on the Gaza Strip over the last two months.

Medical sources said Nasir Abu Marahil, 40, passed away in a Jerusalem hospital as a result of injuries he sustained in al-Nusairat refugee camp on July 25.

Gaza medical authorities said the death toll in Gaza had risen to 2,152 as a result of the Israeli offensive.

The offensive lasted more than 50 days and left more than 11,000 injured, as well as more than 100,000 Gazans homeless.

Despite the high death toll in Gaza, many Palestinians hailed the ceasefire that brought the end of the offensive as a major victory for Palestinians.

Israel promised the easing of the eight-year long siege on the besieged coastal enclave while Palestinians offered no concessions in return.

Since then, however, watchdogs say Israeli authorities have failed to act on their promise, although a new round of negotiations is supposed to be held in September.
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015