BEERSHEBA (Ma'an) -- Israeli authorities demolished three Bedouin structures in the Negev village of Umm Batin on Wednesday, the first such demolition in southern Israel since the end of a weeks-long military offensive in Gaza.
Palestinian-Israeli MK Talab Abu Arar told Ma'an that Israel has "renewed its war against Negev Bedouins" since the ceasefire agreement last week.
He added: "We didn't see these Israeli forces supporting or helping the Arab residents of the Negev during the war, when missiles were landing in Arab villages."
Abu Arar said he has repeatedly contacted the Israeli interior and agriculture ministries to complain about a shortage of apartments for young Bedouin couples in villages not recognized by Israel.
"They both promised to find temporary solutions for building houses in the unrecognized villages. Instead, Israel is unjustifiably demolishing houses of innocent people."
"This is a war against the Arabs of the Negev at all levels."
Israel refuses to recognize more than 35 Bedouin villages in the Negev, which collectively house nearly 90,000 people. Many were founded before 1966, when Bedouins were concentrated on reserves by the state and ruled under martial law, as were all Palestinian citizens of Israel.