Thursday, May 28
Latest News
  1. EU asks member states to admit 40,000 asylum seekers
  2. Official: Bangladesh plans to move thousands of Rohingya to island
  3. Iraq forces in Anbar push, stir over operation codename
  4. Brother urges Iran to free reporter held on 'laughable' charges
  5. Yemeni pleads guilty in New York to Al-Qaeda conspiracy
  6. UN seeks new date for Yemen talks
  7. Draft bill on transsexuals sent to Iran parliament
  8. EU to unveil latest plan to absorb migrants fairly
  9. Spokesman: Libya PM escapes assassination attempt
  10. AFP: Multiple explosions, gunfire in Kabul diplomatic area
  11. Govt: Kabul gunbattle ends with four attackers killed
  12. Turkey says training of moderate Syrian rebels begins with US
  13. Pro-government fighters push rebels out of Yemen city
  14. Police: suspected Fulani herdsmen kill at least 23 in central Nigeria
  15. Obama: Russia adopting 'increasingly aggressive posture' in Ukraine
  16. Washington Post reporter stands trial in Iran for spying
  17. Austrian 14-year-old jailed on 'terrorism' charges
  18. Saudi beheads 88th person, exceeding last year's total
  19. Charter buys US giant Time Warner Cable in $78.7 billion deal
  20. Diplomat: France suspends security cooperation with Burundi

Gaza ministry employees back to work after offensive

Aug. 31, 2014 6:52 A.M. (Updated: Sept. 2, 2014 12:15 A.M.)
GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- Employees of ministries and other governmental offices in Gaza returned to work Sunday for the first time since the start of the Israeli military offensive on the Strip, an official said.

Ministry of Planning official Muamin Abd al-Rahim told Ma'an that Sunday was the first official working day in Gaza for ministries and governmental offices since July 8.

Abd al-Rahim said Israeli forces destroyed several ministry buildings in the Gaza Strip during the seven-week offensive, including buildings belonging to the ministries of finance, foreign affairs, and public works.

Other ministries including the interior ministry sustained damages, he said.

Additionally, Israeli forces completely destroyed 26 schools while 122 others suffered damages.

An agreement has been reached between the Palestinian ministry of education and the UN agency for Palestinian refugees to start the new school year on Sept. 8, he added.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015