Tuesday, Dec. 01
Latest News
  1. Israel confiscates ICRC tents from Palestinians in Jordan Valley
  2. Israeli forces prepare to demolish homes of Palestinian attackers
  3. Israeli forces detain 13 Palestinians across West Bank
  4. 2 Israelis convicted for 2014 killing of Muhammad Abu Khdeir
  5. Israeli forces shoot, injure 3 Palestinians near Ramallah
  6. Israeli forces close Nablus checkpoints after Jerusalem attack
  7. Israeli forces prepare to demolish homes of 2 alleged attackers
  8. Israeli forces ransack homes, detain 15 in West Bank raids
  9. Israeli forces close 3rd Hebron radio station this month
  10. Woman stabbed, injured in Jerusalem, attacker flees the scene

Official: 22 killed by Israeli strikes since truce collapsed

Aug. 20, 2014 12:28 P.M. (Updated: Aug. 21, 2014 4:49 P.M.)
GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- Renewed Israeli attacks on Gaza have killed 22 Palestinians since a temporary ceasefire collapsed on Tuesday, a health ministry spokesman said Wednesday.

The deaths brought the total Palestinian death toll in six weeks of Israeli bombardment to more than 2,040, with more than 10,200 injured as well.

Ashraf al-Qidra said on Tuesday afternoon that two Palestinians were killed in an Israeli airstrike on Deir al-Balah in the central Gaza Strip on Wednesday. The dead were identified as Muhammad Imad al-Abit, 16, and Saher al-Abit, 11.

Six Palestinians were also injured in a strike on al-Mughraqa on the central Gaza Strip. The injured were taken to al-Aqsa Martyrs' Hospital.

Two were injured in an airstrike on the al-Abdaleh family home in Khan Younis.

Zaki Suleiman al-Rai, 54, died from wounds sustained earlier Wednesday.

The bodies of Mustafa Rabah al-Dalou, 14 and Wafaa Hussein al-Dalou were also recovered from the wreckage of the al-Dalou family home in Gaza City.

Earlier, a two-year-old Palestinian girl was killed in Israeli shelling on the al-Zaytoun neighborhood of Gaza City, al-Qidra said.

She was identified as Nour Muhammad Abu Hasirah.

Before that, al-Qidra said an Israeli airstrike killed an unidentified man near the al-Maqusi residential buildings in western Gaza City. The man's body was taken to Shifa hospital.

Al-Qidra added that civil defense rescue teams had recovered the bodies of a woman and a child from the rubble of the al-Dalou family home in Sheikh Radwan, which was hit by five Israeli missiles.

The wife and daughter of al-Qassam Brigades commander Muhammad Deif were killed in the attack, Hamas says, along with four-year-old Ahmad al-Dalou.

A 24-hour truce due to last until midnight collapsed late Tuesday afternoon when Israel said rockets fired from the Strip hit Beersheba. Hamas denied firing the rockets.

An Israeli army statement said that 137 rockets had been fired at Israel from Gaza since the truce collapsed.

One of them hit a home in Ashkelon without causing injuries, it said.

Earlier, the army said it had struck "some 60 terror sites" in Gaza overnight, in addition to targeting "two terrorists ... in the northern Gaza Strip."

Over 2,000 Palestinians -- the vast majority of them civilians -- have been killed throughout Israel's offensive on Gaza.

Sixty-seven people have been killed on the Israeli side, 64 of them soldiers.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015