Tuesday, Dec. 01
Latest News
  1. Israel confiscates ICRC tents from Palestinians in Jordan Valley
  2. Israeli forces prepare to demolish homes of Palestinian attackers
  3. Israeli forces detain 13 Palestinians across West Bank
  4. 2 Israelis convicted for 2014 killing of Muhammad Abu Khdeir
  5. Israeli forces shoot, injure 3 Palestinians near Ramallah
  6. Israeli forces close Nablus checkpoints after Jerusalem attack
  7. Israeli forces prepare to demolish homes of 2 alleged attackers
  8. Israeli forces ransack homes, detain 15 in West Bank raids
  9. Israeli forces close 3rd Hebron radio station this month
  10. Woman stabbed, injured in Jerusalem, attacker flees the scene

Assailants open fire on Israeli army near Nablus

Aug. 9, 2014 12:23 P.M. (Updated: Aug. 9, 2014 9:19 P.M.)
NABLUS (Ma'an) -- Unknown assailants opened fire at an Israeli military point early Saturday in the al-Tur area south of Nablus, while Palestinian youths struck an Israeli settler's vehicle with rocks and injured the occupants.

Palestinian security sources told Ma'an that armed men fired at an Israeli military site near Nablus, while soldiers responded with live fire.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

In an apparently unrelated incident, witnesses said that Palestinian youths threw rocks at a car belonging to a settler on the road near Itamar settlement, causing damage to the car and injuring multiple settler occupants.

An ambulance arrived in the area following the incident.

An Israeli military spokeswoman did not return calls seeking comment.

Protests as well as armed attacks on Israeli military sites have increased in the last month amid mounting anger over a 33-day Israeli assault that has killed more than 1,900 people in the Gaza Strip, as well as 17 in solidarity protests in the West Bank.

The West Bank and Gaza Strip have been under Israeli military occupation since 1967.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015