CAIRO (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces launched an airstrike on al-Qarara in the Gaza Strip that killed three Palestinians on Friday afternoon in the middle of an "unofficial" ceasefire that was due to last until 8 p.m.
The deaths brought the total Palestinian death toll in the month-long assault to 1,898 with more than 9,825 injured.
Sources close to talks in Egypt had told Ma'an earlier Friday that an unofficial cessation to hostilities would be implemented until 8 p.m. as mediators attempt to reach an agreement between Palestinian and Israeli delegations.
Well placed sources in Cairo said that Palestinian and Israeli delegations had "agreed to almost all main points that need a solution" through indirect talks.
According to the sources, only "limited" disagreements remain and an agreement had been reached "on the majority of the subjects concerning the Palestinians."
The sources called for an end to military operations by both sides, but said negotiations could go on under fire until an agreement is reached.
Despite the apparently unofficial agreement, Israeli forces launched an airstrike on the village of al-Qarara Friday evening north of Khan Younis, killing Suleiman Abu Haddaf, Ahmad Abu Haddaf, and Mahmoud Abu Haddaf.
The deaths bring the total number of dead on Friday to five and more than 20 injured, as Israeli warplanes struck multiple targets across the Gaza Strip after a 72-hour ceasefire agreement ended at 8 a.m.
Just before the announcement of the unofficial ceasefire, Ahmad Naim Okal, 22, was killed in an airstrike.
Okal was killed during an Israeli air raid on the area of Musabbah in Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip.
Earlier, Israeli warplanes also launched three strikes on the home of the Suleiman family in Beit Lahiya, and three injured people were taken to the Kamal Adwan Hospital.