Thursday, July 30
Latest News
  1. Embassy: US delivers F-16s to Egypt ahead of Kerry visit
  2. In Iraq bastions, PKK braces for new war with Turkey
  3. Five dead in attacks as Turkey battles PKK
  4. Pakistan says second round of Afghan-Taliban talks postponed
  5. Humanitarian chief: Yemen blockade 'killing' civilians
  6. OPEC chief says oil cartel 'not ready' to cut production
  7. Syrian Kurds refine oil for themselves for first time
  8. Deadly car bomb hits Yemen capital as fighting rages in south
  9. Army: Nigeria appoints new head of multinational force on Boko Haram
  10. Analysts: Allies tolerate Turkey's double game to boost IS fight
  11. Afghan Taliban unaware of peace talks, no comment on Mullah Omar
  12. At least 12 dead as truck hits pilgrims in Mexico
  13. White House: Report of Mullah Omar death 'credible'
  14. Federal Reserve holds key rate unchanged
  15. Kuwait's Zain telecom Q2 profit dives over Arab unrest
  16. IS car bomb kills 4 near mosque in Yemen capital
  17. Pentagon assures it will check Iran's 'malign' influence
  18. Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar is dead
  19. Legal source: Egyptian electrocuted trying to sneak onto Eurostar:
  20. Yemen to merge 'resistance' fighters with army

2 bodies pulled from the rubble in Rafah

Aug. 1, 2014 11:26 A.M. (Updated: Aug. 1, 2014 7:35 P.M.)
GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- As thousands of Gazans poured out of their homes on Friday morning to take advantage of the temporary cessation to hostilities to stock up on household goods, medical teams fanned out to areas devastated by Israeli bombardment.

The teams searched the rubble for dead Palestinian bodies that they had been unable to reach previously due to Israeli shelling, as well as Israeli rules that prevent ambulances from reaching the injured in border areas.

On Friday morning so far, medics had pulled two bodies out from under rubble in Rafah in southern Gaza Strip.

The bodies of Moussa Hamad Abu Imran and Hilal Eid Abu Imran were brought to Abu Youssef al-Najjar hospital in Rafah.

Since the beginning of its three-week assault on Gaza, Israel has imposed increasingly restrictive measures against movement in the Gaza Strip, with the UN saying that around 43 percent of the tiny coastal enclave is now off-limits to Gazans.

Ambulances, meanwhile, must coordinate entry to these areas with both the Red Cross and Israeli forces, and permission is not always forthcoming.

The PLO says that 13 hospitals and 10 clinics have been damaged in Israeli strikes since the beginning of the assault, while 12 ambulances have been damaged, 38 health personnel injured, and 15 health personnel killed.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015