Monday, Nov. 30
Latest News
  1. Israel confiscates ICRC tents from Palestinians in Jordan Valley
  2. Israeli forces prepare to demolish homes of Palestinian attackers
  3. Israeli forces detain 13 Palestinians across West Bank
  4. 2 Israelis convicted for 2014 killing of Muhammad Abu Khdeir
  5. Israeli forces shoot, injure 3 Palestinians near Ramallah
  6. Israeli forces close Nablus checkpoints after Jerusalem attack
  7. Israeli forces prepare to demolish homes of 2 alleged attackers
  8. Israeli forces ransack homes, detain 15 in West Bank raids
  9. Israeli forces close 3rd Hebron radio station this month
  10. Woman stabbed, injured in Jerusalem, attacker flees the scene

Bethlehem-area man succumbs to wounds sustained in overnight clashes

July 23, 2014 9:45 P.M. (Updated: July 24, 2014 6:07 P.M.)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- A young Palestinian man from Husan west of Bethlehem died of wounds sustained early Wednesday during clashes with Israeli forces in his village, a Ma'an reporter said.

Muhammad Qasim Hamamra, 19, died of his wounds after being shot in the head by Israeli forces.

The man was the second Palestinian to die from wounds sustained in the clashes.

Mahmoud Hamamra, 32, was shot in the chest after the clashes broke out in Husan, Palestinian security sources told AFP early Wednesday.

Medics at al-Mizan Hospital announced his death hours later.

An Israeli army spokeswoman told AFP that he had been one of about of about 50 people throwing rocks and petrol bombs at soldiers.

"One of the protesters was apparently hit by rubber bullets and died from that," she said.

Clashes broke out as dozens of Palestinians gathered in the area in protest of Israel's ongoing assault on Gaza, which has killed nearly 700 Palestinians.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015