Tuesday, May 26
Latest News
  1. Washington Post reporter stands trial in Iran for spying
  2. Austrian 14-year-old jailed on 'terrorism' charges
  3. Saudi beheads 88th person, exceeding last year's total
  4. Charter buys US giant Time Warner Cable in $78.7 billion deal
  5. Diplomat: France suspends security cooperation with Burundi
  6. Libya tribal chiefs meet in Cairo peace initiative
  7. Alleged UAE killer of American 'aware of her actions'
  8. Britain and Russia agree to resume talks on Syria
  9. Fierce fighting in Yemen as peace hopes fade
  10. Russia, Iran talks on S-300 missiles end in 'success'
  11. Washington Post reporter stands trial in Iran for spying
  12. Iran denies agreement on military site inspections
  13. Saudi Shiites prepare mass funeral for bombing victims
  14. Fierce fighting in Yemen as peace hopes fade
  15. Israel ex-PM Olmert sentenced to 8 months for corruption
  16. Iraq PM rebuts US criticism of security forces
  17. Syria regime 'launches 15 air raids around Palmyra'
  18. 'Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash killed in US car crash
  19. Report: Malaysia home minister says mass graves found
  20. Pentagon says Iraqi forces 'failed to fight' in Ramadi

38 killed in Israeli attacks on Saturday as death toll rises to 330

July 19, 2014 9:23 P.M. (Updated: July 19, 2014 3:45 P.M.)
GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- The death toll on Saturday morning hit 38 after Palestinian civil defense rescue teams pulled ten bodies out of the debris of a home in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip as Israeli forces continued their military offensive against the Gaza Strip by air, sea, and land for the twelfth day.

The killings follow the deadliest day in the conflict so far, after Israel killed at least 63 Palestinians and injured more than 400 on the first day of their ground invasion of the besieged coastal enclave.

Four members of a Palestinian family were killed in Beit Hanoun in the northern Gaza Strip on Saturday afternoon, as at least 10 Israeli shells hit the area around the Beit Hanoun Hospital, injuring many.

Medics told Ma'an that Mahmoud Zuwaid, his wife Daliah, and their children Nagham, 3, and Ruyah, 2, were killed in the attack.

Another woman who was not yet identified was also killed in the same shelling.

Palestinian medical sources said three Palestinians were killed in Israeli raids on the central Gaza Strip on Saturday afternoon, as well, bringing the number of Palestinians killed on Saturday to 38.

Muhammad al-Ghalban was killed when an Israeli shell hit his home in Khan Younis on Saturday afternoon.

Palestinian medical sources said a Palestinian man was killed and several others were injured in an Israeli airstrike on a car in al-Qarara village in Khan Younis mid-day Saturday.

Earlier, Muhammad Atallah Audah Saadat, 25, was killed and seven others were injured by Israeli raids on Beit Hanoun.

Three Palestinians from the same family were also killed in an Israeli attack in Beit Hanoun.

Spokesman for the Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza Ashraf al-Qidra said on Saturday morning that Israeli forces had "committed a massacre against Palestinian civilians" in the Khan Younis district in the southern Gaza Strip overnight, killing eight.

He identified the victims as 20-year-old Yahya Bassam al-Serri, Muhammad Bassam al-Serri, 17, Mahmoud Ridha Salihiyya, 56, Mustafa Ridha Salihiyya, 21, Wasim Ridha Salihiyya, 15, Muhammad Mustafa Salihiyya, 22, Ibrahim Jamal Kamal Nasr, 13, and Khalid Nasr.

Twenty people were injured in the same attack including some seriously injured.

On Saturday morning, Israeli forces bombed two houses, killing a child named Muhammad Ziad al-Ruhhal and injuring dozens more.

Muhammad Abu Zaanouna, meanwhile, was killed during a strike on Abraj al-Mukhabarat in Gaza City, which also injured five others.

Al-Qidra also said that 27-year-old Raed Walid Laqan was killed in Khan Younis by an Israeli attack on a home belonging to the Tartouri family.

Shortly after that, medical sources announced the death of Khalid al-Qarra of wounds he sustained earlier on Saturday.

Israeli forces also killed 26-year-old Iyad Ismail al-Ruqab in the Bani Suheila village in the Khan Younis district.

Amjad Salim Shaath, 15 succumbed to wounds he sustained in Moraj neighborhood in Khan Younis. Two of his brothers, Ahmad and Muhammad, were killed in the same Israeli attack.

In addition, 30-year-old Said Ali Issa was killed in Juhor Addik neighborhood in the central Gaza Strip near al-Bureij refugee camp.

34-year-old Ahmad Mahmoud Hasan Aziz was killed by an Israeli missile on his home in Abraj al-Nada in the northern Gaza Strip overnight as well.

Saturday morning's deaths bring the total death toll of 12 days of Israeli military offensive in Gaza to 314 in addition to 2268 injuries, according to al-Qidra.

The spokesman highlighted that Friday was the deadliest day of Israel's military aggression on Gaza with 52 Palestinians killed as of midnight.

The Palestinian Ministry of Health confirmed that at least 71 children, 25 women and 17 elderly people have been killed in Israel's assault on Gaza as of Friday night.

Israel launched its assault on the Gaza Strip -- which it has dubbed "Operation Protective Edge" -- in response to rocket fire from the area, which had increased in the weeks before the operation due to a massive Israeli military operation in the West Bank.

10 Palestinians died, more than 130 were injured, and more than 600 Hamas-affiliated individuals were arrested during that operation, which was launched following the disappearance of three Israeli youths in June.

Israel accused Hamas of being behind the disappearance, and in addition to the assault on the West Bank launched nightly airstrikes on the Gaza Strip, which has been under a full economic blockade for the last seven years.

Hamas, however, denied the charges, and many have accused Israel of using the subsequent deaths of the three Israeli teenagers as a pretext for a widespread assault on the group.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015