Monday, May 25
Latest News
  1. Iran denies agreement on military site inspections
  2. Saudi Shiites prepare mass funeral for bombing victims
  3. Fierce fighting in Yemen as peace hopes fade
  4. Israel ex-PM Olmert sentenced to 8 months for corruption
  5. Iraq PM rebuts US criticism of security forces
  6. Syria regime 'launches 15 air raids around Palmyra'
  7. 'Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash killed in US car crash
  8. Report: Malaysia home minister says mass graves found
  9. Pentagon says Iraqi forces 'failed to fight' in Ramadi
  10. EU says Russia's NGO law is a 'worrying step'
  11. Yemen president insists on rebel pullback for UN talks
  12. Libyans arrest 600 Europe-bound illegal migrants
  13. Syria regime helicopter comes down in Aleppo province
  14. Saudi Shiites refuse to be provoked by suicide bombing
  15. Fresh air strikes and ground fighting in Yemen
  16. Saudi identifies dead suicide bomber, confirms link to IS
  17. Burundi activists suspend govt talks after opposition figure murdered
  18. Report: Malaysia home minister says mass graves found
  19. UN: Iranian aid cargo boat for Yemen offloaded in Djibouti
  20. Commanders: Iraq forces attack IS east of Ramadi

10 dead, including 7 children, in Israeli attacks on Gaza

July 17, 2014 5:46 P.M. (Updated: July 19, 2014 10:25 P.M.)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- Ten Palestinians including three children from the same family were killed and many others were injured in renewed Israeli airstrikes on the Gaza Strip on Thursday.

The deaths brought the total number of Palestinians killed in 10 days of hostilities to over 240 and at least 1,770 injured.

The airstrikes came immediately after a temporary five-hour humanitarian ceasefire between Hamas and Israel ended, and as Palestinian militants fired rockets across southern Israel.

In the latest attacks, three Palestinians were killed in Israeli tank shelling in the east of the Gaza Strip, medics said. Emergency services spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra said they were killed east of the Shajaiyya area.

A Ma'an correspondent identified them as Abed Ali Natheer, 26, Mohammad Shadi Nateez,15, and Mohammad Salim Natiz, 4.

Also Thursday, three children were killed in a strike on the house of the Shuhaibar family in the Sabra neighborhood of Gaza City, in an attack that also injured three other members of the family.

The three dead children were identified as Fulla Tariq Shuhaibar, Jihad Issam Shuhaibar, and Wasim Issam Shuhaibar.

An Israeli army targets a house for al-Jbour family in Khan Younis, killing Rahaf Khalil al-Jbour, 4.

Yassin al-Humaidi, 4, also died of injuries sustained during a strike on Gaza City.

An Israeli airstrike also hit Beit Hanoun in the northern Gaza Strip at 4:35 p.m. Thursday, killing a man.

Spokesperson for the Palestinian Ministry of Health Ashraf al-Qidra said that the body of Ismail Youssef al-Kafarneh arrived at a hospital in Beit Hanoun after he was found dead in his home following an airstrike.

Hamza al-Ubadala was also killed in an airstrike on Beit Hanoun.

The Israeli military confirmed that they had launched approximately 30 air strikes since 3 p.m., targeting "terror sites" including "11 concealed rocket launchers, a weapon manufacturing facility, and 11 attacks against terror tunnels."

Four Palestinians were also injured in an Israeli airstrike at eastern al-Bureij in central Gaza Strip.

Israeli warplanes also targeted a farm in al-Qarrara town in northern Khan Younis inthe southern Gaza Strip, open land in eastern al-Maghazi, land belonging to the Judeh family in Jabaliya and another strike near three houses in al-Zawaideh.

At 4:10 p.m., an hour and ten minutes after the end of "ceasefire" period, an airstrike targeted an open area in Beit Lahiya in northern Gaza Strip.

No injuries were reported in that strike.

Another airstrike at 4:20 p.m. hit a house in al-Shujaiyeh.

Israel declared earlier that two rockets hit Ashkelon at 3:02 p.m., just as the "ceasefire" period ended.

At 3:35 p.m. al-Qassam Brigades claimed responsibility of targeting "Kibbutz Nirim" with three mortar shells and targeting Kissufim with two 107 missiles.

Israel also said that a rocket hit an open area in Beersheba, with no injuries or damages reported.

Al-Nasser Salah al-Din Brigades said that they targeted Ashkelon city with two grad missiles at 3:05 p.m.

The military wing of Hamas, the al-Qassam Brigades, claimed responsibility for rockets that hit Sderot.

Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades claimed responsibility for the targeting of Nahil Oz with three rockets.

The National Resistance and the al-Nasser Salah al-Din Brigades said they targeted Sufa with two 107 rockets.

Al-Quds Brigades said that they targeted a military site and Sdirot with nine missiles, and the Beit Hanoun "Erez" crossing with two mortar shells.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015