Saturday, Feb. 06
Latest News
  1. Palestinian village sealed for 2nd day after deadly attack
  2. Israeli forces detain 8, deliver 5 demolition orders in predawn raids
  3. Israeli forces detain 26 across the occupied West Bank and Jerusalem
  4. Isareli forces raid hometown of 3 Palestinian attackers
  5. Hamas: reconciliation talks between delegations, not leadership
  6. Protesters demand return of Palestinian bodies in East Jerusalem
  7. Two Palestinian girls detained after attempted stabbing attack in Raml
  8. Israeli forces detain 15 Palestinians across West Bank
  9. Israel to hand over long-time Jordanian prisoner after hunger strike
  10. Israeli forces detain 4 Palestinian fishermen off Gaza coast

2 killed in Israeli airstrikes

July 15, 2014 7:52 P.M. (Updated: July 16, 2014 4:59 P.M.)
GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- An elderly Palestinian man was killed on Tuesday in an airstrike on agricultural land in the northwestern areas of Khan Younis late Tuesday.

Additionally, Ismael Qaddouh Fattouh, 25, was killed in a drone strike in the al-Zaytoun neighborhood of eastern Gaza City.

The two deaths raised the toll to seven for Tuesday, and 196 in total.

Two people were also injured in an airstrike on the Bakroon family home in the al-Shujayyiah neighborhood of eastern Gaza City.

Ten people including three children and two women were injured in another airstrike on Jabaliya refugee camp.

Israeli strikes also targeted three houses belonging to the Badwan family in al-Zaytoun neighborhood in southern Gaza, another belonging to the al-Ghoul family in al-Shati refugee camp, and a third belonging to the al-Dahdouh family in Tal al-Hawa.

Several Israeli airstrikes were also launched on agricultural land in al-Mighrafa, Tal al-Hawa in southern Gaza, al-Manshiya in northern Gaza, and lands in the al-Shaghaf neighborhood in eastern Gaza.

The raids came shortly after Israel's army announced it was ending a ceasefire it said it had observed since 9 a.m. under the terms of an Egyptian truce proposal.

Hamas said it was not consulted by any official party and only heard of the initiative through the media.

"Hamas has fired 47 rockets since we suspended our strikes in Gaza at 9:00 a.m. As a result, we have resumed our operation against Hamas," the army said on its official Twitter account.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, a senior Israeli official told AFP that the military had been ordered to "act forcefully".

Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri said: "Nobody has consulted us about this initiative, and so it is natural that the initiative isn't binding to us."

The Hamas official condemned international and regional support for the ceasefire initiative, explaining that if one of the sides involved in the conflict is not consulted it is "worthless."

More than 192 people have been killed in Gaza over the past week as Israel has waged a relentless air campaign against the coastal enclave, killing mainly civilians, according to OCHA.

In response, militants have fired more than a thousand rockets into Israel where no one has been killed in the current confrontation.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2016