Thursday, July 27
Latest News
  1. Fire outside Israeli national insurance headquarters in East Jerusalem
  2. Palestinian factions call for Friday protests in support of Al-Aqsa
  3. Israeli settlers raid Palestinian home in Hebron, move in furniture
  4. EU court rules to keep Hamas on terror blacklist
  5. Al-Haq: Palestinian shopkeepers suffer as Old City souq remains closed
  6. Israeli forces raid health clinic in hometown of Halamish attacker
  7. UN envoy calls on Fatah, Hamas, to reconcile to end Gaza’s suffering
  8. Amnesty slams Israeli police for ‘terrifying’ hospital raids
  9. Israel to destroy remains of previously demolished attacker's home
  10. Israeli forces detain 22 Palestinians, seize weapons in raids

Soldiers 'assault Palestinian' in Hebron amid clashes with settlers

July 1, 2014 12:19 P.M. (Updated: July 1, 2014 3:45 P.M.)
HEBRON (Ma'an) -- A young Palestinian man was injured after being assaulted by Israeli forces in the center of Hebron amid clashes between Palestinians and settlers late Monday, locals said.

Dozens of Israeli settlers attacked Palestinian homes and clashed with Palestinians in the Tel Rumeida neighborhood after the bodies of three Israeli teens were found north of Hebron hours earlier, witnesses told Ma'an.

The sources said that soldiers then arrived as clashes were ongoing and beat 19-year-old Sajid Mamoon Sultan, seriously injuring him in the head.

An Israeli army spokeswoman said that a Palestinian had jumped on an Israeli soldier's back in an area near a military base in the area, and was injured when the soldier shook him off and he hit the ground.

Israeli medics treated the Palestinian at the scene, the spokeswoman said.

Clashes between Palestinians and Israelis took place in Hebron, but not in the same area, she added.

Meanwhile, hundreds of Israeli settlers from the Kiryat Arba settlement marched to the Old City of Hebron and chanted slogans calling for retaliation for the deaths of the three teens, locals said.

Three dead bodies, believed to be those of the teens who went missing from the Gush Etzion settlement on June 12, were found by Israeli forces near Halhul north of Hebron late Monday.

Israeli forces have killed six Palestinians in the West Bank military operation that followed the disappearance of the three Israeli teens.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2017