Wednesday, July 01
Latest News
  1. Egypt's Sisi pledges tougher laws after prosecutor killing
  2. Tunisia admits was not prepared for beach attack
  3. Orange reaches a deal for split with Israel's Partner after spat
  4. IS car bomb kills 28 in Yemen capital Sanaa
  5. IS beheads two Syrian women 'for the first time'
  6. Kerry says 'too soon' to tell if Iran deal sealed
  7. Bomb targets Egypt state prosecutor convoy in Cairo
  8. UAE woman 'sentenced to death for killing US teacher'
  9. Tunisia to boost security, arm tourist police after attack
  10. Family pleads for American's release on margins of Iran talks
  11. Iran judiciary chief undercuts president over concerts
  12. Monitor: Syria rebel attack on Damascus kills 4
  13. Libya rivals closer to deal after first face-to-face meet
  14. Solar Impulse takes off on delayed Pacific flight
  15. Tsipras announces temporarily bank closure, capital controls
  16. EU: All sides showing 'political will' for Iran deal
  17. Rockets from Yemen kill Saudi border guard
  18. Iraq announces arrest of senior Saddam-era official
  19. Report: Australian IS fighter 'still alive' after drone strike
  20. Kuwait Shiite mosque bomber was Saudi national

Israeli forces kill Palestinian teen in Jenin refugee camp

July 1, 2014 9:43 A.M. (Updated: July 3, 2014 10:28 A.M.)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces shot and killed a Palestinian teenager during a military operation in Jenin refugee camp in the northern West Bank early Tuesday, locals and medics said.

Palestinian Red Crescent medics told Ma'an 16-year-old Yousef Abu Zagha was shot by Israeli fire in the chest during clashes with troops who raided the camp overnight.

Abu Zagha was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at a public hospital in Jenin.

An Israeli military spokeswoman said that he was a "Hamas operative" about to hurl an explosive device at troops sent to arrest him.

"They opened fire and confirmed a hit," the spokeswoman said.

The killing came after Israeli forces found the bodies of three Israeli teenagers who had been missing in the West Bank for over two weeks.

Israeli forces have killed six Palestinians in the military operation that followed the disappearance of the teenagers from the Gush Etzion settlement on June 12.

AFP contributed to this report.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015