Tuesday, Sept. 01
Latest News
  1. Libya car bomb wounds one, damages office of Eni firm
  2. UN envoy to meet with Libya's Tripoli parliament ahead of talks
  3. Border agency: Migrants using fake Syrian passports to enter EU
  4. Migrant trains arrive in Austria as crisis deepens
  5. Turkish court arrests British journalists on terror charges
  6. Locals: Boko Haram kills nearly 80 in NE Nigeria villages
  7. Austria smuggler crackdown as Europe divided over migrant crisis
  8. 'Largest ever' Med gas field found off Egypt
  9. Egypt muezzin suspended over 'Facebook prayer call'
  10. 3 Canadians, Pakistani, Nigerian among dead in Saudi fire
  11. 'A Sinner in Mecca' documents gay Muslim pilgrimage
  12. A year on, Yazidis so close yet so far from Iraq hub
  13. Delayed Egypt elections to start on October 17
  14. Blast at Syria's Palmyra prompts fears for famed temple
  15. 11 dead, dozens hurt in fire at Saudi oil giant housing complex
  16. Red Crescent: 7 bodies wash up on Libya beach
  17. Egypt elections to start on October 17
  18. Kuwaiti MP: Iran is 'true enemy' of Gulf Arabs
  19. Iran bars Barenboim, thwarting Tehran concert plan
  20. Qatar exports plunge over 40 pct in year

Any Israeli attack will open 'the gates of hell,' warns Hamas

June 30, 2014 10:03 P.M. (Updated: July 1, 2014 10:02 A.M.)
GAZA CITY (AFP) -- Any Israeli action to punish Hamas for the alleged murder of three teenagers whose bodies were found on Monday would open "the gates of hell," the Islamist movement warned.

"If the occupiers carry out an escalation or a war, they will open the gates of hell on themselves," Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri told AFP.

The warning came shortly after Israel confirmed finding the bodies of the three students who disappeared while hitchhiking in the southern West Bank on June 12.

The bodies were found in a field near Halhul some 10 minutes from the roadside spot where they were last seen, media reports said.

Israel has repeatedly accused Hamas of kidnapping the teens, two of whom were minors, and launched a major crackdown on the movement's West Bank infrastructure.

Hamas has dismissed the Israeli allegations as "stupid" with Abu Zuhri accusing Israel of fabricating the kidnapping as an excuse to crack down on the Islamist movement.

"The disappearance and murder of the three Israelis is only based on the Israeli narrative, and the occupation is trying to use this story to justify its extensive war against our people, against resistance and against Hamas," he charged.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015