Sunday, Aug. 02
Latest News
  1. Teen stabbed at Gay Pride march dies as pressure mounts on Israel
  2. Kerry pledges support for Egypt in Cairo talks
  3. UAE to try 41 on charges of seeking 'caliphate'
  4. Two Turkish troops killed in 'PKK suicide attack'
  5. Iraqis protest over poor services, salty tap water
  6. Exiled Yemen PM makes symbolic Aden visit to lead restoration
  7. New Taliban leader calls for unity in ranks in first audio message
  8. Iraqi Kurdistan leadership says PKK should leave
  9. Kerry lands in Egypt on first leg of Mideast tour
  10. Iraqis protest over poor services, salty tap water
  11. Dozens dead as Syria army 'pushes back rebels near regime heartland'
  12. Yemen PM returns to Aden from Saudi exile
  13. Airport source: Yemen PM returns to Aden from Saudi exile
  14. New Taliban leader calls for unity in ranks in first audio message
  15. Iraqis vent rage at power shortages, 'corrupt' leaders
  16. Report: Some 260 PKK members killed in Turkey air strikes
  17. Iraqi Kurdistan urges Turkey to halt PKK bombardment
  18. Bin Laden relatives killed in UK plane crash
  19. Five Libyan troops killed, 18 missing after 'IS attack'
  20. 'Qaeda' suicide bombing kills 9 in Yemen

Israel journalists say missing teenagers found dead

June 30, 2014 7:25 P.M. (Updated: July 1, 2014 12:19 P.M.)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- Israeli journalists said Monday that security officials had discovered the bodies of three teenagers who went missing in the occupied West Bank on June 12.

A reporter from Israel's Haaretz newspaper wrote on Twitter that the teens' bodies were discovered. One of them said a news blackout had been imposed until an official announcement.

"There are indications that the Israeli army has found the bodies of the 3 kidnapped teens," Chaim Levinson tweeted.

Levinson deleted his tweet shortly after posting.

Al-Jazeera said that three bodies had been found west of Halhul near Hebron, citing Israeli sources.

According to the Al-Jazeera report, Israeli sources said it was confirmed that the bodies belonged to the three missing Israeli teenagers.

Israeli news site The Times of Israel said that Israel's security cabinet was to convene an emergency session at 9:30 p.m.

The site also reported that clashes had broken out between Palestinians and Israeli forces in Halhul.

An Israeli military spokeswoman told Ma'an the army was looking into the reports.

Three Israeli teenagers disappeared from the Gush Etzion settlement on June 12.

Israel has blamed Hamas for kidnapping the teens, but the Islamist movement has denied involvement.

Israeli forces launched a military search campaign in response, arresting hundreds of Palestinians and shooting five dead. Over 100 were also injured throughout the operation.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015