Monday, Aug. 31
Latest News
  1. Turkish court arrests British journalists on terror charges
  2. Locals: Boko Haram kills nearly 80 in NE Nigeria villages
  3. Austria smuggler crackdown as Europe divided over migrant crisis
  4. 'Largest ever' Med gas field found off Egypt
  5. Egypt muezzin suspended over 'Facebook prayer call'
  6. 3 Canadians, Pakistani, Nigerian among dead in Saudi fire
  7. 'A Sinner in Mecca' documents gay Muslim pilgrimage
  8. A year on, Yazidis so close yet so far from Iraq hub
  9. Delayed Egypt elections to start on October 17
  10. Blast at Syria's Palmyra prompts fears for famed temple
  11. 11 dead, dozens hurt in fire at Saudi oil giant housing complex
  12. Red Crescent: 7 bodies wash up on Libya beach
  13. Egypt elections to start on October 17
  14. Kuwaiti MP: Iran is 'true enemy' of Gulf Arabs
  15. Iran bars Barenboim, thwarting Tehran concert plan
  16. Qatar exports plunge over 40 pct in year
  17. Beheaded Syriac bishop beatified a century after death
  18. Hungary police make new arrest over Austrian migrant tragedy
  19. Berlin, Paris, London seek urgent EU meeting on migrant crisis
  20. French PM: Migrants fleeing war, persecution must be let in

Israeli rescue teams search caves, wells in Hebron

June 21, 2014 9:09 P.M. (Updated: June 22, 2014 9:20 P.M.)
JERUSALEM (AFP) -- Teams of firemen and police specialized in rescue operations were in the Hebron area on Saturday searching wells, reservoirs, and caves for three missing Israeli teens, Israeli media reported.

The search was ongoing inside Hebron city itself, where a 14-year-old Palestinian boy was killed on Friday by the army as well as in Ramallah, where the army said it had raided the premises of the Hamas television channel.

Police said three fire trucks and an ATV rescue unit were present in the Hebron area where they were on stand-by, Ynet reported.

Israeli officials have announced no major breakthroughs throughout the search for the teens, who disappeared from an area near the Gush Etzion settlement on June 12.

Around 370 Palestinians have been detained just in the past week as part of an arrest campaign carried out by Israel with Palestinian Authority coordination.

Some two-thirds of those detained in recent days have been members of the Palestinian faction Hamas, which Israel accuses of being behind the alleged kidnapping of the youths.

Hamas has denied involvement.

Separately, a rocket was fired from the Gaza Strip into southern Israel, striking near Ashkelon city without causing any casualties, the army said.

Ma'an staff contributed to this report.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015