Wednesday, July 26
Latest News
  1. EU court rules to keep Hamas on terror blacklist
  2. Al-Haq: Palestinian shopkeepers suffer as Old City souq remains closed
  3. Israeli forces raid health clinic in hometown of Halamish attacker
  4. UN envoy calls on Fatah, Hamas, to reconcile to end Gaza’s suffering
  5. Amnesty slams Israeli police for ‘terrifying’ hospital raids
  6. Israel to destroy remains of previously demolished attacker's home
  7. Israeli forces detain 22 Palestinians, seize weapons in raids
  8. Israeli forces raid Palestinian home, turn it into military post
  9. Journalists, medics, and 10-year-old girl injured in Al-Aqsa clashes
  10. Israeli bulldozers level lands near northern Gaza border

14-year-old Palestinian shot dead by Israeli forces in Dura

June 20, 2014 8:50 A.M. (Updated: June 21, 2014 3:26 P.M.)
HEBRON (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces shot and killed a 14-year-old Palestinian boy after clashes erupted early Friday morning during a raid on the southern West Bank village of Dura, near Hebron.

Local sources told Ma'an that Mahmoud Jihad Muhammad Dudeen was struck by live bullets in the chest before being taken to Hebron Governmental Hospital, where he was shortly pronounced dead.

The local sources said Israeli forces opened fire directly on Mahmoud during the clashes which occurred in the Haninia neighborhood of Dura.

The clashes broke out after Israeli forces stormed the village in a dawn raid and began conducting home raids. In response, local youths threw rocks at the soldiers.

An Israeli army spokesperson said that during a "mission to detain the known terrorist in Dura, Palestinians hurled rocks and molotov cocktails at Israeli forces, who responded with riot dispersal means."

She confirmed that Israeli forces used live fire against demonstrators, adding that "reports that a Palestinian was injured or killed are being reviewed."

Another Israeli military spokesperson confirmed that the target of the raid was not successfully detained by Israeli forces.

The killing comes after a week of intensive Israeli raids and operations across the West Bank and especially in the southern West bank region of Hebron.

The Palestinian Prisoner's Society said Wednesday that more than 300 Palestinians have been detained and more than 750 homes have been raided as Israeli forces search for three Israeli youths who went missing last Thursday from the Jewish settlement of Gush Etzion near Bethlehem.

Israel has blamed Hamas for what it deems a kidnapping operation and two-thirds of those arrested were from its membership, including former members of parliament and members of Hamas-linked organizations and charities.

Israel has yet to provide proof of the accusation to the public, however, although authorities have declared their intention to "crush Hamas."

Mahmoud Jihad Muhammad Dudeen is the second Palestinian to be killed in the last week.

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story quoted local sources as saying the slain youth was 13 years old, but medical sources have since said that he was 14. We regret the error.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2017