Tuesday, Sept. 01
Latest News
  1. Libya car bomb wounds one, damages office of Eni firm
  2. UN envoy to meet with Libya's Tripoli parliament ahead of talks
  3. Border agency: Migrants using fake Syrian passports to enter EU
  4. Migrant trains arrive in Austria as crisis deepens
  5. Turkish court arrests British journalists on terror charges
  6. Locals: Boko Haram kills nearly 80 in NE Nigeria villages
  7. Austria smuggler crackdown as Europe divided over migrant crisis
  8. 'Largest ever' Med gas field found off Egypt
  9. Egypt muezzin suspended over 'Facebook prayer call'
  10. 3 Canadians, Pakistani, Nigerian among dead in Saudi fire
  11. 'A Sinner in Mecca' documents gay Muslim pilgrimage
  12. A year on, Yazidis so close yet so far from Iraq hub
  13. Delayed Egypt elections to start on October 17
  14. Blast at Syria's Palmyra prompts fears for famed temple
  15. 11 dead, dozens hurt in fire at Saudi oil giant housing complex
  16. Red Crescent: 7 bodies wash up on Libya beach
  17. Egypt elections to start on October 17
  18. Kuwaiti MP: Iran is 'true enemy' of Gulf Arabs
  19. Iran bars Barenboim, thwarting Tehran concert plan
  20. Qatar exports plunge over 40 pct in year

Sources: Israel asked Egypt to help find kidnapped teens

June 16, 2014 9:18 P.M. (Updated: June 18, 2014 1:06 P.M.)
CAIRO (Ma’an) – High-profile Egyptian sources in Cairo said that President Abdul-Fattah Al-Sisi gave directives to the Egyptian national security to carry out negotiations with all the concerned sides in order to try to end the crisis of three teenage settlers believed to have been detained by Palestinians in the southern West Bank.

The sources told Ma'an that Israel officially asked for Egyptian intervention. Al-Sisi gave clear orders to his national security officials, the sources said, which is to deal only with the Palestinian Authority.

However, the sources highlighted that the Egyptian national security opened channels for negotiations with unofficial Palestinian entities, but they aren’t affiliated to Hamas or Islamic Jihad.

The sources confirmed that the Egyptians have not been contacted by the kidnappers or by anybody who speaks on their behalf. The well-placed sources said Egyptian officials notified Israel that they believe the teenagers were not moved to the Gaza Strip or the Sinai Peninsula.

The sources told Ma’an that the Egyptian national security service was given orders to work side by side with President Mahmoud Abbas. However, the Egyptian authorities stipulated that all parties stay calm and that Israel avoid any punitive and violent operations.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015