Sunday, Nov. 29
Latest News
  1. Israeli forces close Nablus checkpoints after Jerusalem attack
  2. Israeli forces prepare to demolish homes of 2 alleged attackers
  3. Israeli forces ransack homes, detain 15 in West Bank raids
  4. Israeli forces close 3rd Hebron radio station this month
  5. Woman stabbed, injured in Jerusalem, attacker flees the scene
  6. Palestinian man shot dead after alleged attack in Jerusalem
  7. Main entrance to Beit Ummar sealed following attacks
  8. Israeli forces shoot, injure 82 Palestinians in Gaza, West Bank
  9. Palestinian woman reportedly attempts stabbing at Bekaot checkpoint
  10. Israeli border police officer stabbed in Nahariya, north of Haifa

Israeli forces kill Palestinian during Ramallah arrest raid

June 16, 2014 9:45 A.M. (Updated: June 18, 2014 10:53 P.M.)
RAMALLAH (Ma'an) -- Israeli troops shot dead a young Palestinian man in al-Jalazun refugee camp north of Ramallah during overnight clashes with locals, medics said.

Palestinian Red Crescent officials said the victim, 20-year-old Ahmad Sabarin, was killed by a gunshot wound to the chest.

Local residents told Ma'an that clashes broke out after midnight as a large group of Israeli forces raided the camp. Sabarin and two others were injured and taken to hospital for treatment, where he was pronounced dead shortly afterwards.

Palestinian security sources could not immediately say whether the army had intended on arresting Sabarin. They noted he had been released from Israeli prison one week ago.

Earlier, Israeli forces raided al-Bireh and Beitunia, clashing with local youths.

Young men hurled stones and empty bottles at Israeli soldiers, who fired tear gas canisters at rubber-coated steel bullets.

The raids took place as part of efforts to locate three settlers who are suspected of being kidnapped near Gush Etzion settlement on Thursday.

The Israeli army could not immediately comment on the al-Jalazun shooting, but said it was continuing its campaign of detaining dozens of Palestinians throughout the West Bank as part of its efforts to locate the missing settlers.

The youths, one of whom also holds a US passport, are students at Jewish seminaries in the West Bank, believed to have been kidnapped late Thursday from an area between Bethlehem and Hebron while hitchhiking.

They have been identified as Gilad Shaer, 16, from Talmon settlement near Ramallah, Naftali Frenkel, 16, from Nof Ayalon, and Eyal Ifrach, 19, from Elad, both in central Israel.

Israeli search efforts were focused on the southern West Bank Hebron area but increased military presence was felt throughout the entire territory, with dozens of Palestinians being detained for questioning.

Late Sunday night Israeli forces had blasted through the door of a Hebron house and arrested two of its inhabitants, wounding one person, Palestinian eyewitnesses said.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015