Wednesday, May 27
Latest News
  1. Turkey says training of moderate Syrian rebels begins with US
  2. Pro-government fighters push rebels out of Yemen city
  3. Police: suspected Fulani herdsmen kill at least 23 in central Nigeria
  4. Obama: Russia adopting 'increasingly aggressive posture' in Ukraine
  5. Washington Post reporter stands trial in Iran for spying
  6. Austrian 14-year-old jailed on 'terrorism' charges
  7. Saudi beheads 88th person, exceeding last year's total
  8. Charter buys US giant Time Warner Cable in $78.7 billion deal
  9. Diplomat: France suspends security cooperation with Burundi
  10. Libya tribal chiefs meet in Cairo peace initiative
  11. Alleged UAE killer of American 'aware of her actions'
  12. Britain and Russia agree to resume talks on Syria
  13. Fierce fighting in Yemen as peace hopes fade
  14. Russia, Iran talks on S-300 missiles end in 'success'
  15. Washington Post reporter stands trial in Iran for spying
  16. Iran denies agreement on military site inspections
  17. Saudi Shiites prepare mass funeral for bombing victims
  18. Fierce fighting in Yemen as peace hopes fade
  19. Israel ex-PM Olmert sentenced to 8 months for corruption
  20. Iraq PM rebuts US criticism of security forces

Israeli official: Hebron siege to continue

June 15, 2014 10:17 A.M. (Updated: June 16, 2014 7:38 A.M.)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- The Israeli army will continue to surround Hebron, erecting checkpoints and raiding houses, until it receives further information on three missing teens, an Israeli official said Sunday.

Israel's Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories told Ma'an via telephone that the siege on Hebron would continue, resulting in the restriction of movement of over 20,000 Palestinian workers and businessmen who work in Israel.

Israeli military operations will continue in Hebron unless new information on the teens' whereabouts leads the army elsewhere, Yoav Mordechai said.

The army is not coordinating with Palestinian Authority security forces, Mordechai added.

He reiterated Israeli officials' claims that Hamas was behind the kidnapping of the youths, without providing information as to evidence behind the claims.

Hamas has denied involvement.

Three Israelis, aged 16-19, disappeared Thursday night from nearby the Jewish-only settlement of Gush Etzion.

Israeli forces have erected checkpoints throughout Hebron and nearby villages following the disappearance of three Israeli teenagers Thursday night.

Hebron residents are being prevented from leaving the West Bank throughout the search.
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015