Thursday, May 28
Latest News
  1. EU asks member states to admit 40,000 asylum seekers
  2. Official: Bangladesh plans to move thousands of Rohingya to island
  3. Iraq forces in Anbar push, stir over operation codename
  4. Brother urges Iran to free reporter held on 'laughable' charges
  5. Yemeni pleads guilty in New York to Al-Qaeda conspiracy
  6. UN seeks new date for Yemen talks
  7. Draft bill on transsexuals sent to Iran parliament
  8. EU to unveil latest plan to absorb migrants fairly
  9. Spokesman: Libya PM escapes assassination attempt
  10. AFP: Multiple explosions, gunfire in Kabul diplomatic area
  11. Govt: Kabul gunbattle ends with four attackers killed
  12. Turkey says training of moderate Syrian rebels begins with US
  13. Pro-government fighters push rebels out of Yemen city
  14. Police: suspected Fulani herdsmen kill at least 23 in central Nigeria
  15. Obama: Russia adopting 'increasingly aggressive posture' in Ukraine
  16. Washington Post reporter stands trial in Iran for spying
  17. Austrian 14-year-old jailed on 'terrorism' charges
  18. Saudi beheads 88th person, exceeding last year's total
  19. Charter buys US giant Time Warner Cable in $78.7 billion deal
  20. Diplomat: France suspends security cooperation with Burundi

Thousands join online campaign to kill Palestinian 'terrorists'

June 15, 2014 8:19 A.M. (Updated: June 24, 2014 1:51 A.M.)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- Over 10,000 people have joined an online campaign to kill a Palestinian "terrorist" every hour until three missing Israeli teens are returned to their families, Israeli media reported Sunday.

The Israeli newspaper Maariv reported on its website that within hours of its creation, a Facebook page calling for the hourly assassination of Palestinian "terrorists" had reached 10,000 likes.

The Facebook page called on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to "take responsibility instead of holding (President Mahmoud) Abbas responsible" for the alleged kidnapping of three Israeli teens, Maariv reported.

Three Israelis, aged 16-19, disappeared Thursday night from nearby the Jewish-only settlement of Gush Etzion.

Netanyahu said Abbas was responsible for the safe return of the youths, and blamed Hamas for kidnapping them.

Palestinian leadership denied responsibility for preventing the kidnapping of the youths.

Ehab Bessaiso, spokesman for the Palestinian unity government, stressed Sunday in a statement that the three youths went missing from Area C, the approximately 62 percent of the West Bank that is under full Israeli military control.

Hamas denied involvement, calling Netanyahu's claims "stupid."
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015