Friday, Nov. 27
Latest News
  1. Israeli forces kill Palestinian in al-Arrub refugee camp
  2. Israeli soldier killed in West Bank bus accident
  3. Al-Issawiya falling into 'economic recession' as shops face fines
  4. Israeli navy boats open fire at Palestinian fishermen
  5. Knesset bill to jail minors on terror charges passes 1st vote
  6. Palestinian shot dead after alleged attack at Nablus checkpoint
  7. Israeli forces kill Palestinian northwest of Jerusalem during clashes
  8. Israeli forces kill Palestinian northwest of Jerusalem during clashes
  9. Palestinian teen shot 2 weeks previously dies from wounds
  10. Palestinian shot after attacking Israeli soldier dies from injuries

PA 'not responsible' for safety of settlers

June 13, 2014 8:38 P.M. (Updated: June 15, 2014 10:57 A.M.)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- A spokesman for the Palestinian Authority security services denounced Israel's efforts to blame the PA for the disappearance of three settlers in the occupied West Bank on Friday.

Adnan Dmeiri said the PA was not responsible for the safety of settlers and had no way to prevent the possible kidnapping of the teenagers.

He said the PA “is used to accusations from (Benjamin) Netanyahu’s arbitrary government, which does not want to commit to any agreement and wants to damage all relations with Palestinians.”

Dmeiri said the PA had no information about the missing settlers, and noted that Gush Etzion, the settlement from which the teenagers are believed to have disappeared, “is under Israeli security control.”

He added: “And the PA is not responsible for the security of settlers.”

Dmeiri also said he was unaware of any cooperation with Israel in the search for the settlers.

Earlier Friday, Ofir Gendelman, a spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, said that Israel held the PA responsible for the three missing settlers' well-being.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015