Saturday, Aug. 24
Latest News
  1. Palestinian goverment: 26 million in development of ministries
  2. Rudeineh: Washington us unable to achieve anything by itself
  3. US: “No plan for unilateral annexation by Israel of the West Bank"
  4. Cluster of incendiary balloons land in southern Israel
  5. Palestinian FM condemns Germany's vote to define BDS as 'anti-Semitic'
  6. Israeli forces forcibly evict Muslim worshipers from Al-Aqsa
  7. Israeli forces detain 14-year-old Palestinian near Ramallah
  8. Erekat: Deviation from peace terms of reference doomed to fail
  9. Iceland's Hatari shocks Eurovision with Palestinian flags
  10. UNRWA: 4 Palestinian children killed in attack on Syria refugee camp

Autopsy concludes Nakba Day victim killed by Israeli bullets

June 11, 2014 10:10 P.M. (Updated: June 13, 2014 11:27 A.M.)
BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- An autopsy ordered on the body of a Palestinian teenager killed during Nakba Day demonstrations last month concluded that his death was caused by an Israeli bullet, a source close to the matter told Ma'an.

The killing of Nadim Nuwara, who was 15 at the time of his death, has been a source of controversy, as Palestinian medical sources and eyewitnesses have said that Israeli soldiers shot him while Israeli security sources have disputed the claim, despite the existence of a video footage showing the incident from a number of angles.

Nuwara's body was exhumed on Wednesday and an autopsy was performed at the Palestinian Institute of Forensic Medicine, the source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said.

The autopsy -- which was performed by a team of specialists led by the head of the institute, Saber al-Aloul, with the presence of Danish, Portuguese, American, and two Israeli doctors -- concluded that the Palestinian youth was killed by Israeli forces.

The source added that the exhumed body was in a good condition and had not decomposed yet, so doctors had no difficulties in locating the places where the bullet entered and exited the body, and even found fragments of it remaining in the body.

Samples of the bullet fragments and the body was taken for testing in order to prepare a report that will be published in the coming days.

Nadim Nuwara was killed alongside Muhammad Audah Abu al-Thahir, 17, as they participated in protests to mark the 66th anniversary of the "Nakba" or "catastrophe" when Zionist militias expelled 750,000 Palestinians from their homes in what became Israel in 1948.

The protests took place near the Ofer Detention Center near Ramallah and became part of an international controversy over Israel's army's regular use of excessive force against Palestinian protesters.
Most Read
Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015