Tuesday, Dec. 01
Latest News
  1. Israel confiscates ICRC tents from Palestinians in Jordan Valley
  2. Israeli forces prepare to demolish homes of Palestinian attackers
  3. Israeli forces detain 13 Palestinians across West Bank
  4. 2 Israelis convicted for 2014 killing of Muhammad Abu Khdeir
  5. Israeli forces shoot, injure 3 Palestinians near Ramallah
  6. Israeli forces close Nablus checkpoints after Jerusalem attack
  7. Israeli forces prepare to demolish homes of 2 alleged attackers
  8. Israeli forces ransack homes, detain 15 in West Bank raids
  9. Israeli forces close 3rd Hebron radio station this month
  10. Woman stabbed, injured in Jerusalem, attacker flees the scene

Israeli forces deny Nablus farmers access to fields to harvest wheat

May 24, 2014 10:10 P.M. (Updated: May 26, 2014 12:49 P.M.)
NABLUS (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces on Saturday morning prevented Palestinian farmers from accessing their fields to harvest wheat south of Nablus in the northern West Bank, a Palestinian official said.

Ghasan Daghlas, who monitors settlement-related activities in the northern West Bank, told Ma'an that dozens of Palestinian farmers were on their way to harvest wheat in the area of Lafjan near the village of Aqraba when they were stopped.

Daghlas said that Israeli troops blocked the farmers and told them that they could not access their fields because the area had been declared a closed military zone, with no further explanation.

An Israeli military spokeswoman did not immediately return calls seeking comment.

Powered By: HTD Technologies
Ma'an News Agency
All rights reserved © 2005-2015